Registering your Intent!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
We have our meeting with the Registrar tomorrow and wanted to know a couple of things, H2B can't find his Birth Cert, did I see somewhere that they can print a copy of your Birth Cert there on the day? Also, I take it it's just a casual affair? You don't actually have to dress up do you? Silly question, I know!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Hi, There's no need to get dressed up, I didn't go in wearing tracksuit or anything but no need to go overboard! Re the birth cert, I am honestly not 100% sure, I know the birth certs are done in the same place but not sure if they can do one for you there and then. I had to order mine online and it took a few days, so not sure if they will do one for you straight away. Plus that would be a problem if you are in a different area to where OH would have been registered at birth IYKWIM?
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
I think that post was that a person couldn't find their birth cert so they went into town extra early and got their birth cert re-issued in the place that holds all the birth cert records. You might be able to do this if you have enough time. You do need your birth cert. Best of luck let us know how you get on mine is next week.
wifey2011 Posts: 2
we did it last week. H2B didn't have his birth cert and the lady just printed it off the computer, wasn't a problem as he had been born in the Rep of Ireland. Easy Peasy!
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
[quote="wannabwifey":pwr2eyab]we did it last week. H2B didn't have his birth cert and the lady just printed it off the computer, wasn't a problem as he had been born in the Rep of Ireland. Easy Peasy![/quote:pwr2eyab] Hi wannabwifey, do you mind me asking what registry office this was?
Synergy Posts: 2768
Hi Zumba we went to the one in Cork city and h2b couldn't find his birth cert either. The lady just printed off one, no bother.