reigstry office brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsD2B08 Posts: 910
i am just trying to figure out what time to put on the invites for the receptions guests, i don't want them to sitting around waiting too long for us to arrive, how long did you or have you allocated for the registry office photos etc? thanks :thnk
3yr married Posts: 275
getting married next week (friday) :o)ll :o)ll at 4pm and meal is at 6 pm. registry office we were told takes not later than a half hour and an hour for photos. we are lucky because everything is all close by. from reg to lake is 5 minutes and from lake to hotel is 10 minutes. i would say do the drive and plan around that. hth :thnk
donegal bride, congrats on up coming wedding.. god you must be sooo excited :o)ll :o)ll i am getting all excited now.. starting to feel like a real bride.. loads to do and loving it. my makeup artist cancelled but instead of feeling really bad i was like "oh my god this is real.. look at me i am a real bride.. shit is happening but i am just so happy" great suggestion am getting married on a wed morning.. will time it on that day so i'll know, no point doing it on a Sunday :o0 :o0
you will have great day and even if it is a registry office we are still brides, i just cant wait to wear my dress and of course make my vows they are the two most important things to me. if i were you i would take wednesday that you free and drive the route you plan to take that way you get the time and a feel for the traffic :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll 8 DAY'S TO GO,
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
We have our ceremony at 4, followed by mulled wine reception and then dinner at six. Does anyone have limits on the number of people who can attend the ceremony?
we were told the room only holds 40 and that suits us signorina - when are you getting married?
signorina_matrimonio Posts: 1297
Getting married in January - the room in the hotel can only seat 180 and there are 200+ on the invite list ... don't ask... that's another long story :o0 But was curious to see if anyone else had to send out two sets of invites, one for ceremony only and one for both ceremony and reception.... :-8
hey well i am doing that sending out two sets of invites, the reg office holds, 60 and there can be 10 standing. Our time is 12.30 last app before lunch, so planning on leaving there at about 2ish, the reception is the station house in kilmessan so at least we'll have a good hour or so in the car by ourselves, looking forward to that part.
mrssirfoxie Posts: 379
Hi Donegal bride good luck with your wedding i hope you have a fabulous day i will be thinking of you best wishes for a long and happy marriage to you and your h2b :wv :wv
hannahross Posts: 318
Hi ladies, congrats on your forthcoming weddings. Hope u all have fantastic days. We had our registry office ceremony at 230 and it only took a half hour. We then had a blessing at the hotel at 430ish ( ran a bit late as we had to get from Cork city to West Cork in that time) and of course we then had to meet and greet everyone once we arrived at the hotel. Hotel were fine about us running late and I think we sat down for meal at about 6,,can't remember really as the day went so quickly. We had 40 allowed at registry office and then about 60 more at the reception. We sent out seperate invites for the registry office and the blessing. Good Luck with your days.