Menu

Religious marriage in Spain

Go to Weddings Abroad

The_Fitz
New Wolly

Religious marriage in Spain

Postby The_Fitz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 am

Hi folks,

Having a Catholic wedding next May in Spain and just wondering if anyone has any advice regarding paperwork for the church.

We're both Irish (I'm from the 6 counties and my fiancee is from the South). We live in the England. We've been to our parish priest over here and got a 'Statutory Declaration of Freedom' that we have got signed by a solicitor. We are booking in our pre marriage course this week. We have our birth certs. Out baptism certs are dated within 6 months.

As we don't have a planner I am starting to worry we may miss something.

If anyone can offer any advice that would be great.

Cheers,

Fitz

Ibiza
New Wolly

Re: Religious marriage in Spain

Postby Ibiza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:31 pm

In case you are still interested.
Diyweddingibiza.simplesite.com
Might know

RoxieG
New Wolly

Postby RoxieG » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 am

Hi There

For Spain, you need the following for both people
1) Birth Certs
2) Baptism Certs
3) Confirmation Certs
4) Photo ID - Passport/Drivers Licence
5) Your Pre Marriage course Cert of Completion
6) Letters of Freedom / Affidavit
7) Pre Nuptial Enquiry form - which your parish priest will complete for you

All of these are then sent, by your irish parish priest, to the bishop of the region you are getting married in in Spain. The Spanish bishop send them down to the church, who then send a copy to your designated priest.

Allow plenty of time for this - the Spanish church are notorious for being a bit slow off the mark. They also will not reply to you to let you know everything is in order so you should get your parish priest here on side to follow up with them. Make sure they send all docs to Spain by registered post too

If you need any more help, just shout

claire2020
New Wolly

Postby claire2020 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Fitz,

Do you mind me asking where you are getting married in Spain?

We are just starting out to look for ideas and want to get a picture in my head of wedding venues and where our guests will be staying as I am learning that it might not be possible to stay in all venues.

Thanks
Claire

Go to Weddings Abroad