Rennie's at the ready!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

apple drop Posts: 331
Just a bit of advice. Have a load of Rennie's in the house! Even if you haven't started getting heartburn yet! I woke up at about 4.30am with the worst heartburn ever O:| O:| was really in pain with it and didn't have anything in the house! O:| Poor DH got up out of his bed,got dressed and drove 10miles to the nearest 24hr Tesco to get some for me :xox Bless him! He said the woman at the cash desk just looked at him and the rennie's and said "bet you have a pregnant wife at home!" :o0 :o0
Piggle Posts: 1770
Get the duo ones ... they are amazing!!!!!!!! heartburn gone in about two minutes!
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
fair play to him pet, u poor thing, its bloody awful, my friend recommended gaviscon to me, so i got a big bottle and it sits on the bedside locker! :hic :hic :hic
apple drop Posts: 331
Thanks Girls! I'll try the rennie duo, the gaviscon doesn't agree with me :hic :hic I don't remember the heartburn kicking in this early when I was pg with DD Oh the Joys :o0 Only another 35 weeks to go :o0 :o0
Mammy rigomad Posts: 958
Would def have to 2nd the Gaviscon!Put it in the fridge though!I found it helped a lot more than the rennies and it always used turn my stomach before i ever got pregnant but that wasnt the case when i was pregnant!I used to take a couple of spoons of it before i went to bed as i had it really bad especially later on!!
maman Posts: 297
hi girls, Im on the rennies at the moment and they are lifesavers. Have woken up the last few weeks with such bad heartburn, first time in my life, wasnt sure what it was in the beginning. Anyways the rennies definitely do the trick. I have also been told to try and sleep with your head and shoulders elevated but I cant seem to sleep like that so thank crunchie for Rennies.
keyra Posts: 801
God the heartburn is a real killer isn't it. I have to have 3 pillows to keep my head elevated as have been waking up during the night almost being sick with acid in my mouth, uck! Gaviscon advance is a lifesaver, i always have a bottle on the bedside locker.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Am online due to heartburn !!! :o0 :o0 Rennie or gaviscon not owrking darn it just a really bad case of it am going downtairs soon to drink a litre of milk to see does that work !!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: