Repeated Colposcopies

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Good morning all I have had borderline results in my smear tests with the last few 4 years so I have gone for colposcopies(sp) few times time over the years and well use to them :-8 I have smear tests once a year to keep an eye on this and had one last mth,just got a call to say I have been referred for colposcopy again Nurse told me nothing to worry about, not cancerous-so not worried about that Is there anyone who have had the same thing done as much as me?
ott Posts: 3920
I haven't, but I was just wondering, have they ever taken a biopsy or performed a LLETZ treatment when you were having a colposcopy? I had my first colposcopy ever last week and they treated me straight away with a LLETZ treatment. The consultant said I have less chance of abnormal cells occurring again because I've had the treatment done now (but of course I could).
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
I have Mrs Rocket, been going every 6 months for the last 6 years. Its very worrying at the begining because your mind runs away with you but I've had biopsey (sp) and treatments and I'm happy they are monitoring me so carefully so at this stage its nothing to me. Try not worry hun :xxx
Dicey Posts: 100
Hello there! i have never had a clear smear so ive been so many colposcopies over the last 7 years and have had biopsies and a LLETZ procedure recently. As fishermansbride says at the beginning its worrying but now its just a pain having to go for them. dont get me wrong, its great im being monitored just wish i would get a clear one so i can go to every 2 years like a normal person *)
Lennyx Posts: 242
Hey, I've only had one in January gone after 2 abnormal smears. They performed a biospy and the results came back CIN2 so they called me back for Lletz treatment. The day before they called me back I found out I got a BFP but then had a MC last month. Finally going to have the lletz done on Thursday. OTT I see you had Lletz done last wk, how was it for you? I'm a lil bit worried but looking forward to having it over and done with.
ott Posts: 3920
[quote="Lennyx":zeyeigi2]Hey, I've only had one in January gone after 2 abnormal smears. They performed a biospy and the results came back CIN2 so they called me back for Lletz treatment. The day before they called me back I found out I got a BFP but then had a MC last month. Finally going to have the lletz done on Thursday. OTT I see you had Lletz done last wk, how was it for you? I'm a lil bit worried but looking forward to having it over and done with.[/quote:zeyeigi2] So sorry to read about your MC Lennyx. The Lletz was fine. Now, it was uncomfortable, but the worst part was getting the anaesthetic, and then being told afterwards that we coudn't DTD for at least four weeks (I wasn't prepared for that). Oh, and I found the pressure a bit hard to deal with because I don't seem to have the strongest bladder/kidneys so I felt like I was going to wee during it. It didn't take too long. I only bled a tiny little bit after so I seem to have healed quite well. It'll be a pain this month not being able to use tampons when I get my period too, dreading that. Take it easy for the rest of the day after it, don't go back to work or anything like that. I was a bit sore when the anaesthetic wore off so I took some pain killers, sat on the couch and relaxed. I was a bit weepy. I suppose I wasn't prepared for the treatment, I only expected them to do a biopsy so maybe that was why.
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Hi Im the same for the last 4 years getting smear or colopscopies every 6mths.Last time i went they told me that they would do treatment if came back abnormal again,well it did and they wont do treatment as im 25 and they wont do any treatment till i have a baby for the minute anyway unless something changes. Its a pain but least we being monitored.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I've been having them for the pst 2 years - at first it was every 3 months but then my last one was clear so it's every 6 months now. They've said if this one comes back clear they'll discharge me back to my GP so fingers crossed!
Lennyx Posts: 242
Thanks for the info OTT, least I have an idea of what is ahead of me on Thursday! I found the colposcopy fine but the biopsy was a slight bit painful, afterwards I was really bad with pains (like the worst period pain I'd ever experienced). Its not till the afternoon of Thursday so I don't have to worry about going back to work & Friday booked off aswell so I plan on relaxing all wkend haha!! They had already given me info on the Lletz so we're already prepared for wait, although I had it in my head 6 wks so 4 is much better. Can't find the leaflets they gave me now though. Oh well I'm sure I'll be reminded of everything when I get there. For me I'm kinda worried about how long they tell me I've to wait to TCC. Would love to start sooner rather than later again we'll see on Thursday!!!
Dicey Posts: 100
i was told to wait 6 weeks and given antibothics. i waited 5 weeks till i knew i was ok at that stage. didnt want to risk infection but it was a long 5 weeks :-8 didnt get an anaesthetic really, the local area was numbed but it wasnt the worst. it was worst that they kept asking me about my wedding during, lets hope when im getting married it doesnt remind me of being in the hospital :yelrotflmaosmilie: sorry to hear about your m/c x