Reply to texts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

koala Posts: 202
My due date is finally here and I'm so excited!!!!!! There is one tiny thing getting on my nerves and it the the "hurry up and have the baby, we are all waiting for you"!! I've been getting them from the same group of people for the last few days but so far today, I've gotten a similiar text from all of them!! I know they mean well and are just excited, but the baby might not make its arrival for another 10 days!! Anyone have a witty reply for these type of texts??
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Maybe just don't reply at all! And if anyone asks tell them you're napping! Best of luck!
MissBid Posts: 587
Tell them babs is stuck in the post!
mum2d Posts: 90
Oh I remember these type of texts O:| I just ignored them. I suppose people mean well. What about saying something like you wish baby could receive texts in the womb so you could forward him all these texts from people waiting anxiously to meet him, but u can't so everyone will just have to wait patiently til he decides to make an appearance and you'll be sure to let them all know when you've news. Maybe that sounds a bit sarcastic. You're probably better putting the phone on silent and just resting up :thnk good luck
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
i would just ignore them. or else reply and say no news and i'll let you know when baby arrives, please stop hassling me! it's very annoying getting those texts, especially the further overdue you go. hopefully you're not waiting too much longer! can't wait til it's my due date!!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I used to get one person constantly saying "Any sign of the new baby yet?" and I said to her, after the 5th time, "Last time I put my head between my begs, there was no sign of a thumbs up from baby so I doubt it, it will come on it's due date or after". This was was asking me from 36 weeks and she was driving me bananas
Anonmama Posts: 239
My reply to one moron: 'Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet!?....Annoying, isn't it!!' I didn't hear from her after it... >:o)
mum2d Posts: 90
[quote:23oo9x95]My reply to one moron: 'Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet!?....Annoying, isn't it!!' I didn't hear from her after it... [/quote:23oo9x95] Love it!! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Thanks for the good wishes girls :thnk I think I will ignore the texts today and if they continue tomorrow, I'll give some toungue and cheek replies. You gave some good suggestions!! I know people mean well, but my sister is overdue (its her first baby too) and after a failed induction she is booked for a section later today. I'm trying to not think that I might end up in the same situation in 14 days and these texts are just annnoying me!!!!!! (I posted a reply, it disappeared, so sorry if this pops up twice.)
[quote="Anonmama":1x5vvf2z]My reply to one moron: 'Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet!?....Annoying, isn't it!!' I didn't hear from her after it... >:o)[/quote:1x5vvf2z] Very good :yelrotflmaosmilie: