resize full band of diamonds - is this possible?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chocolatebiscuitcake Posts: 19
Hi, I am just looking into buying our wedding rings and I am wondering if it I get a full band of diamonds is it stil possible to get it resized later in life if I need to?? Does anyone have any experience of this?
Jawl Posts: 8881
Not sure. But I bought a plain band, and the lady in the shop wasn't too worried about ordering an exact size and our sizes changing between now and the wedding as she said without stones it'll be a doddle to re-size. I'm sure it's not an impossiblity to resize the ring, but sure if it's your wedding band, won't your engagement ring be in front of it anyway, so that would secure it if you are worried about it being loose.
chocolatebiscuitcake Posts: 19
Thanks Jawl, I was more interested in case it needs to be made bigger at some stage. I presume it can since alot of people buy them but one jeweller did mention it could be difficult and its not like them to try sell you less!!!
soontobmrsT Posts: 96
I would say no as my wedding band which has half diamonds had to be sent back to the states and reorders in the smaller size O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
vidia Posts: 2960
[quote="soontobmrsT":17c3iblc]I would say no as my wedding band which has half diamonds had to be sent back to the states and reorders in the smaller size O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|[/quote:17c3iblc] Oh thats a balls!!! I bought mine (same as yours) in the states too and it needed to be resized. Brought it to a very well known jewellery shop and they wouldnt do it!! I brought it to a jeweller and he was able to do it for me!! Its perfect.. To the OP, would you not send Seamus in Voltaire Diamonds an email, he shold be able to put your mind at rest..
Blossom Cherry Posts: 2701
Hiya, I'm getting a full hoop diamond wedding ring also. Two jewellers I went to told me that this type of ring can't be resized and one told me that they can shave down the platinum on the inside of the ring to make it slightly bigger but it will probably result in less than half a size bigger. I am going to buy 0.5-1 size bigger than my e-ring. Like Jawl said, the ering will keep in it place and it doesn't matter if it spins as the diamonds go full circle. Hope this helps.......PS. can you PM me and leave me know where you have seen these rings? I have only found them in three shops in Dublin.
stickwoman Posts: 2394
I have a wedding band with diamonds on the front - 7 in total. I bought it and it's a size M, the jeweller says that it can be resized up by 3 sizes at the maximum, to a size P - which is what I am. Hope that helps!
paperclips Posts: 3146
I have been told that its not possible to resize a ring with a full band of diamonds. I went with a half diamond wedding band for this reason.
Babyvills Posts: 306
Hi Ladies, Just saw your thread there. When we got engaged last year I was so disappointed my ring was half a size too small. I rang the jewellers where my H2B bought it and they said it would take 3 weeks. So I rang Fast Fix Jewellers in Dundrum. They were so friendly I cannot recommend them highly enough. My ring has kissing diamonds and 51 other small diamonds. There is engraving on the inside. They had it done in an hour and even tightened the diamonds. It is perfect. I have attached the link as I dont know where you are based, they have a couple of stores. I dealt with Niall in Dundrum he is a gent. hope this helps
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
[quote="soontobmrsT":16rgv5fb]I would say no as my wedding band which has half diamonds had to be sent back to the states and reorders in the smaller size O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|[/quote:16rgv5fb] +1 i wanted my engagment ring re sized as h2b bought it far too big, the lady in the shop told me you lose nearly half the value of the ring if its altered?? i had to give it back and wait 3 weeks for a new one to arrive