Restaurant for date in Dublin - suggestions please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Hi Girls, Ok - dinner on Sat with the new guy I'm seeing and it's my choice where to go this week.... Was gonna book Trocadero but it's booked up :o( Want somewhere that does semi normal food cos I think he's a little bit of a picky eater. My ideas are Marco Pierre Steakhouse Fallon & Byrne La Cave Peploes I've only been to Marco's out of that list but have heard good reports on the others...any feedback on any of these or suggestions of other places? Thanks Ladies :thnk
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Another place you could look at is Alfies - people in work love it!
nelswife Posts: 3869
Elephant and castle - temple bar Fire - in the mansion house - haven't been supposed to be fab, have a voucher for this cant wait to use it!!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I looove la cave, the food is gorgeous and it's very cosy and atmospheric. It's like being in a little french restaraunt in Paris :lvs
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Salamanca, the tapas bar next door to Trocodero is lovely? And it's a huge menu so he's bound to find something he likes! Only thing is, they used not take reservations, not sure if they do now. Tell us all about this new man!? I didn't hear about him, I miss everything! Where did you meet him, what's he like? What date is this? Tell me tell me tell me!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Tapas is a good idea I think. Get loads of tapas and then share (very romantic!) Hope it goes really really well!! >:o) >:o) >:o)
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Ok - I'm gonna be one of those picky Bitches who asks for places and then says no to half of them! Fire is a lovely restaurant and the food is really good but its much too open - massive high ceilings and all open plan....I wanted something a little more rosemantic. Elephant & Castle - love the food but a bit casual for what I'm looking for...plus we went to their sister restaurant TriBeca in Ranelagh a few weeks ago. Salamanca - defo worth a thought....although we went for tapas in The Port House about 2 weeks ago too... Will have to look up Alfie's also. Ciaraella thanks for the feedback on La Cave - love little small romantic places! SmileyKaz....I met him online! I closed my account after a few weeks but we had swapped numbers just before I did and he text me and then it went from there! Only been going on a few weeks really...kinda once a week seeing each other...tonight is our first midweek date - bowling :-8 :-8 :-8 I can't bowl for sugar!! He seems nice and is gorgeous so we'll see what happens....even if it all fizzles out at least it's got me back out there and enjoying dates instead of being afraid of my life to go out with a new guy :compress
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
Very exciting!! I think my favourite restaurant in Dublin is Pichet at the moment. Fab food, fab service, fab atmosphere. Good luck!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ooh yey! Delighted you're enjoying it and that it's going well! I met my husband online too! Delighted it's going well for you and that you're having fun. Don't worry about not being able to bowl, I'm terrible at it too. Just go and enjoy it and have fun and he'll love you for that, he won't be worried about your bowling ability! Keep us updated, the start of a relationship is so exciting and lovely. Enjoy!
Girl Posts: 195
Il Posto on St. Stephens Green is lovely -