Restaurant for saturday night in dublin city centre??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ciaraella Posts: 5323
Hi all, any suggestions for a place for dinner on Saturday night? tried the green hen, alfies and brassiere 66 but they're all booked out, looking for somewhere a bit buzzy, cocktails etc but cosy for our first night out since DD was born! love european food rather than any specific type ie chinese, indian, italian etc going to be around the grafton street end of town any ideas??
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
La Mere Zou, Hugos and Il Segreto would all be within easy distance of eachother and cosy but lively. Also, the Trocadero is always lovely and again very cosy.
Tangled Posts: 24
[quote="ciaraella":xi1mgnbv]Hi all, any suggestions for a place for dinner on Saturday night? tried the green hen, alfies and brassiere 66 but they're all booked out, looking for somewhere a bit buzzy, cocktails etc but cosy for our first night out since DD was born! love european food rather than any specific type ie chinese, indian, italian etc going to be around the grafton street end of town any ideas??[/quote:xi1mgnbv] How about Saba? Thai food and awesome cocktails, or Chez Max on baggot st if you're looking for something buzzy!(although I don't know if they do cocktails!)
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Oh I tried a place on Sat night with the girls called Chatham Brasserie - really really lovely food and a nice atmosphere. Do you know where Pasta Fresca is - off Grafton St - It's just across the street from it. Have a look at the menu and if you are interested and end up booking I have a 20% discount card that I can post out to you tonight (if you book before 5.30 :o0 ) or drop off somewhere for you. Menu: I had the chicken with Risotto and it was fab!! Also - champagne cocktails for 6.50 - bargain!! :hic
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
La mere zou is lovely- not sure if they do cocktails etc. Le pichet is supposed to be nice, it's on my hit list of places to try. Peploes is lovely and very central too, lovely atmosphere. You could go somewhere else for cocktails first. Make sure you put your name on the cancellation lists if you are having no joy- I often leave it too late to get a table but there tends to be a few cancellations on the day.
Persephone Posts: 928
I love Koh in the Italian Quater. Delicious Asian food and cocktails to die for!