restaurant in kilkenny for hen

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rainbowbrighte Posts: 87
Hi girls I know there are loads of lovely restaurants in Kilkenny but im not from around there and would love a reccomendation from someone in the know and im looking for a lively/good value restaurant in Kilkenny for a hen party-group of around fifteen or so? (Any type of food) Thanks in advance
mrspants Posts: 4652
Langtons is fab but they don't allow henparty "gear" in the restaurant. Ming Court is a lovely chinese, can be pricey though for chinese - might be worth asking for a discounted rate for a bigger group? Paris Texas is a pub that does food and is very popular with hens.
nelswife Posts: 3869
Don't go to the field, we had meal in there on the sat night of my hens and it really wasn't that nice!!..Agree with hotpants Langtons is supposesd to be lovely for food, we had lunch in Matt the Miller on Fri afternoon and that was lovely, not sure what time they serve food until though
banrmama Posts: 111
matt the millers pub do hen parties upstairs and its a gr8 pub to stay in afterwards they have live bands and a dj every wkend night. was at a hens there and they let us decorate the area beforehand and food was top notch and not pricey at all. cant recommend it enough :o)ll
MaggieBee Posts: 1047
Yeh I would say Langtons, have been there couple of times n its lovely, really nice food and sure then u can head into the club part after. Last time we were there there were two stag parties I think!! Have also been in Matt the Millers good craic too :)
Delphinium Posts: 3027
If you want really nice meal Rinuccini's near the Castle - just up the street from the Left Bank - is fabulous. I had my Hen Dinner there and food was excellent.