Restaurant Recommendations - North Co. Dublin Area

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
Hi Ladies, Well my lovely hubby backed the winner in the Grand National so he's bringing me out for dinner next weekend to celebrate (any excuse!!). So we've kind of gotten stuck in a rut restaurant wise lately and I'm looking to break it. As I'll be driving, we're not limited to the area so if anyone can recommend really nice "normal" (i.e. not looking for Indian / Chinese / Thai etc) restaurants in the general vicinity of Swords / Malahide / Portmarnock /Skerries / Balbriggan / Drogheda and anywhere in between. Thanks! MrsOC
Rogue User Posts: 6101
There is a restaurant called Essence Bistro in Swords and it is really good. We were there a short while abck and couldn't believe that it wasn't busier. It's a real shame cos the food, service - the whole experience was amazing. Really, really good!
Bluebear Posts: 1594
The School House is Swords is amazing. They have recently refurbished & menu is great. Also love Cioa in Malahide.
Whoohoo Posts: 148
Kajal in malaise is gorgeous
OrTees Posts: 907
I haven't been there yet but friends of ours ate at Samphire in the Waterside Hotel in Donabate recently and said it was amazing. Sale e Pepe in Malahide also does really good food.
Irish Wedding DJ Posts: 1436
Mastersons in Swords is fab - I can always rely on a delicious steak whenever im there...starving now... Also second Samphire - its yummy!
Ali2010 Posts: 347
Eastern Seaboard in Drogheda (you don't actually hit Drogheda) is always brilliant, love the food there and has good drinks list and atmosphere
Ali2010 Posts: 347
I'd also recommend The Greedy Goose in Malahide - tapas style restaurant but with regular dishes, so mini steak and chips, mini pork belly, etc!
applebird Posts: 131
D'vine in Drogheda?
Pineapple11 Posts: 195
I second Essence bistro & Mastersons! Avoid the Scotch bonnet in Malahide