Restaurant Recommendations - North Co. Dublin Area - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
I dare you to try the chicken wings challenge in Blu. Hubby has yet to complete it - and he likes his food! He struggled with the starter sized portion, the mains portion is huuuuge and very spicy. Only one of hubbys friends has beaten the mains challenge. He didn't talk for the entire meal because he was so determined to finish them................he was in bits afterwards!!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Do you, or your OH, dare to take up the challenge???? :o0
Esketti Posts: 936
Dont think i'd be able for that challenge! Last wk I had their potato cubes with salsa sauce to start! To die for
[quote="Esketti":ql5x17l4]Dont think i'd be able for that challenge! Last wk I had their potato cubes with salsa sauce to start! To die for[/quote:ql5x17l4] Oh......they sound yum.
[quote="Time For A Change":4fcnadgn][quote="Esketti":4fcnadgn]Dont think i'd be able for that challenge! Last wk I had their potato cubes with salsa sauce to start! To die for[/quote:4fcnadgn] Oh......they sound yum.[/quote:4fcnadgn] They are! Topped with a garlic dip and chives! My mouth is watering now
[quote="Esketti":20pmun8w][quote="Time For A Change":20pmun8w][quote="Esketti":20pmun8w]Dont think i'd be able for that challenge! Last wk I had their potato cubes with salsa sauce to start! To die for[/quote:20pmun8w] Oh......they sound yum.[/quote:20pmun8w] They are! Topped with a garlic dip and chives! My mouth is watering now[/quote:20pmun8w] Oh sweet Mother of God....... *drool* I guess that's my starter sorted now - thanks!
MadWoman2013 Posts: 528
[quote="Esketti":18rhvrqb][quote="Time For A Change":18rhvrqb][quote="Esketti":18rhvrqb]Dont think i'd be able for that challenge! Last wk I had their potato cubes with salsa sauce to start! To die for[/quote:18rhvrqb] Oh......they sound yum.[/quote:18rhvrqb] They are! Topped with a garlic dip and chives! My mouth is watering now[/quote:18rhvrqb] I always get these and the chicken skewers!! I actually had my first date with himself in Blue... Its where it all started so I'm extra biased :xox Would LOVE some Blue wings right now and they have really lovely wine there and craft beers.... I might have to have a word and try tempt himself into going there for dinner on Saturday :)
MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
Thanks again for all the replies ladies!!! I certainly have enough recommendations there to get us out of our restaurant rut!! I'm so disappointed to hear Mastersons in Swords has gone downhill! I loved this place but haven't been in about 8 months or so. I loved it so much I brought a work party there and everyone was raving about it - and the previous work parties were L'Ecrivian and Shananhans so they're fairly fussy!! I really hope they sort themselves out as despite the size of Swords, there really isn't a huge amount of choice!!
katiebaby78 Posts: 679
Mastersons in swords is amazing and their early bird menu is such great value. Whatever day or time you go there its packed which is always a good sign. Think its time for another visit there come to think of it.
It could be just me re: Mastersons. We always loved it, but have been twice in recent months and werent happy with it.
MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
[quote="Esketti":3qepermh]It could be just me re: Mastersons. We always loved it, but have been twice in recent months and werent happy with it.[/quote:3qepermh] No you're about the 4th person to say it to me in the last few weeks and my husband has heard similar reports. Nothing to do with the food I believe, just the service has gone quite bad apparently? Again, this is not first hand experience but it's not the first time I've heard it....