Restaurants in Galway City for Hens

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
Hi Folks Any recommendations for restaurant in Galway City for hen party of 16 people. Was hoping for KC Blakes but its booked out. Don't like mexican food so not Cactus Jacks. Anywhere else you can think of?
claire sheerin Posts: 295
Al Muretta restuarant forster st. galway city is fabulous I was there for my sister in law's hen party in april this year. there was 21 of us and 4 other hen parties in that night. it's also very reasonable and the staff were great craic.
teletubby Posts: 406
hi McSwiggans is absolutely fabulous in woodquay Galway. Great variety of food.
christmas angel Posts: 90
Hi there, You really can't go wrong in Galway. Tamarind (used to part of the Lemongrass chain) is brill for a party - it's good fun, they don't mind the noise and craic. Another one, again it's asian food but oh so good is Thai Garden. Both of these situated at bottom of quay st so very handy. Martine's wine bar on quay st is also lovely - but a bit more pricey say 40 -45 pp. Cookes wine bar on Abbeygate st has a room upstairs that if you have big crowd ye could be happy there without fear of bothering anyone else. Again 40 -45 pp. If you like Indian food Tulsi also in the city centre is lovely. The House hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel just off the main thoroughfare, they have really nice bar and restaurant, I haven't eaten there myself but it's supposed to be tasty! Making myself hungry at this stage! Good luck with it and most of all enjoy :wv
Thanks for that folks - Christmas Angel, a friend of mine mentioned The Asian Tea House. Have you heard of it? Can't see anything about it on the web really.
jadem Posts: 1787
Had mine in mcswiggans,it was brill.food is amazing
[quote="jademt":2vyjb5se]Had mine in mcswiggans,it was brill.food is amazing[/quote:2vyjb5se] Mc Swiggans came up on a few of the posts I searched. I'll give them a ring. Did they have any issue with the hens thing? The girls want to dress me up for the dinner part.
[quote="Claire Sheerin":2zmr9n4z]Al Muretta restuarant forster st. galway city is fabulous I was there for my sister in law's hen party in april this year. there was 21 of us and 4 other hen parties in that night. it's also very reasonable and the staff were great craic.[/quote:2zmr9n4z] Thanks Claire, I'll check out Al Murretas as well!
edited - thought I had hit new topic but hit reply - doh!
mbbbb Posts: 112
just would like to add my experience. I was on a v.good friend of mines hen night in Galway last July. Had a ball there , the city has just a brilliant vibe. only down side was our meal. we went to Tamarind. to start with we got 3 phone calls to make sure we would be on time, leave our table at a set time and not be too noisy as there would be other guests. now, one phone would have been grand but 3?? we kept it from the hen but the rest of the group was totally p***ed off. She wasn't into dressing up but we did have a small veil for her. So, off to the restaurant we went, on time. when we walked in there was 2 other hen nights there all FULLY dressed up. we were annoyed but since our hen didn't want to be, it didn't matter to us. try and be noisy (which we weren't!) but the music was way too loud to be! the other hens nights were great craic. we all had a giggle together. When we left one of the bridesmaids asked to speak to the girl who had rang her to complain about the phone calls. the manager couldn't be found >:o( (surprise , surprise) so the waitress had to listen to my friend. I really can't fault the waitors / waitresses - they were brill, food - lovely too, music- try have even a conversation. It was the managements phonecalls beforehand that left a sour taste. The rest of the night was a great craic though! Sorry for the rant but it did put a dampner on the night!