restaurants in kilkenny

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happywife Posts: 1575
heading to kilkenny for cat laughs festival June Bank Hol weekend - just looking for some recommendations of any nice restraunts in city centre
Senorita Posts: 3413
If you like Italian, Rinucinni (sp? :-8 ) near the castle is supposed to be really lovely. You'll have to book it well in advance though. Very popular. Zuni is supposed to be nice too. Have a look at - I think both of these restaurants are on that site, along with their own web addresses. HTH :thnk
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
there is a restaurant called lemonsol which has fabulous food, also there is a new italian restaurant opened called lombards which is lovely aswell, also Zuni's is fab aswell but make sure and book somewhere soon especially for the cats laughs as its mental down here :o0
scotswedding Posts: 2829
fleuva or fleva or something like that. very nice! I really liked the italian one (rinuccini?) as well but BF didn't like it at all and have to say we were piled on top of each other (I'd read about that before I went to it- think it was supposed to add to it but wasn't impressed with that element at all).
Heebie Jeebies Posts: 608
Rinnucini is fantastic but quite expensive for an Italian. We ate in the Rivercourt Hotel last weekend, it's in the city centre on the bank of the river overlooking the castle - stunning location. Early bird menu is just €30 for three courses...our seating was 6.45pm and if we arrived an hour later, the same menu would have been €50 per head! I would have no hesitation in recommending it for dinner and you're right in the centre of town too, handy for the nearest watering holes for those post-dinner bevvies O-O
Mrs.Dee Posts: 372
Langtons on John Street or Jacobs Cottage up near the parade. Both are fab.