restless legs...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
Girls, after weeks of being so tired I could barely function I am now getting my energy back -and i am so thankful!! The latest thing though is restless legs. I woke up this morning at 4am to pee and could not get back to sleep. Lie on my back, then right side, then left side.....legs could not get comfortable. Put two pillows under the duvet to put legs on - helped for a minute or two but ended up being late for work from tiredness!! Any suggestions? Im going to have a bath this evening before bed but is there anything else I can try? Even sitting here in work is horrible - cant sit still. We are telling our families this weekend about babs and Im really nervous about it - so I know that is another reason why Im not sleeping. My family are so dramatic that Im just dreading it.
SaJa Posts: 4282
I'm having the same problem. I sit in an office all day and find my legs get very sore and even my arse :-8 The pain gets so bad I can't sit any longer. At night my legs are very restless and I keep tossing and turning but still can't get comfortable and always have some kind of discomfort in my legs. My calf muscles are starting to cramp now as well. Think I need to get out and go walking to strengthen the muscles. Not sure if there is anything else that I can do.
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
One of the girls here at work had that with her last pregnancy and her doctor told hre to drink Indian Tonic Water. HTH :wv
Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
Indian tonic water! Where would ya get that? And what the difference in that and ordinary tonic water?! :-8
Mrs Febbride Posts: 1234
She got it in tesco It contains quinine that is helpful for the cramping.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
Oh THANK GOD that some of you are having that too. (Not that I'm wishing it on you but I thought it was just something that me alone was getting!!!). It's a right pain in the ass! I can't sleep any night because of my legs. Thanks for the suggestion for the Indian Tonic Water. I'll definately get some of that.
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
I hear ya girls - I have the same. Especially leg cramps during the night. Leg cramps could mean a calcium deficiency - so you could mention it to your doctor and get calcium supplements - or just up your intake of calcium. I hate milk so I'm trying to eat cheese and yoghurt every day instead. :wv
Thinkerbell Posts: 187
i usually turn upsidedown in the bed and put my feet against the headboard, if I apply pressure it helps to ease the restfullness. Its so horrible I got it in the cinema last week when watching Mama Mia, so annoying O:|
jarashow Posts: 3083
I am having an awful time trying to sleep with it. Whichever side I lie in it starts in my thigh. It's grand when I am moving my leg, but how the hell are you supposed to sleep moving your leg. It's a horrible crampy feeling, thankfully I don't get it during the day. Cranberry juice is very good for it I have been told (yet to try) but it would be the same as the tonic water with the quinine.