Restless legs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cbtb Posts: 413
Does anyone else get this? I find it especially bad at in bed or on a long journey. Its not sore but it drives me mad. I put a pillow between my legs in bed which helps somewhat, anyone come up with any other tricks to alleviate it?
chicam Posts: 1169
Hiya, yeah I've had very restless legs, bum & back. Only way I find to "relieve" it is to walk a bit before I go to bed and make sure I don't spend too long sitting on the couch :o( I haven't found any permanent solutions I'm sorry to say, just another one of those joyful pregnancy pains!
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I can also sympathise but can't really offer any solutions? I'm grand until h2b and I sit down together on the couch! Then I just can't seem to sit still! My legs get so restless and itchy! In bed I'm not too bad either! I bought a bath pillow in Penneys a few weeks ago and I sleep with that between my knees! Found the bath pillow more solid than a regular one? Was also in Aldi this morning and picked up a wedge pillow for €4.99 so going to try that tonight under bump? Hopefully this will help! For the last 3 or 4 nights I've been awake every 2hrs! Would drive you mad!
porshe Posts: 1359
Two things that I have heard people swear by. A glass of milk right before bedtime. Or a bar of soap at the end of your bed, I kid you not!
chicam Posts: 1169
a bar of soap? whats that about?!
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Yep - I hear ya... Its bloody horrible. I get it as soon as I'm trying to go asleep. So annoying having to move your legs all the time. Its a weird feeling. Not alot we can do I think - just one of the joys of pregnancy :eek :eek
porshe Posts: 1359
Not sure I have not tried it as legs aren't at me yet, but my friend who suffered really bad, she lives in Australia told me it really works, it must be something to do with neutralising or something, she uses Imperial Leather and her friend uses Dove :o0 , I am going to try it
Thinkerbell Posts: 187
They drive me mad every night, I turn upside down in the bed and push my feet agaist the headboard, it help aswell to take off any PJ bottoms and socks and keep you legs and feet cool. O-O
tanyababy. Posts: 511
Hi guys. Im actually TTC but I posted earlier on this forum about this. For the last few nights in a row I have been getting terrible restless legs which keep me awake for around an hour. They are driving me mad. I am wondering if this is a sign Im preggers? Or would this be too early as I heard that women only get this in the 2nd or 3rd trimester?
October_2007 Posts: 937
I get this and Im not pg at all! I fond walking around helps, or balancing on one leg and then the other. I also head that Quinine is good to alleviate the restlesness. There's Quinine in Tonic water so i dring lots of that! HTH