Retroverted uterus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

randomusername Posts: 2134
I was told I have this, no idea what it means and so far hasn't caused any problems I'm aware of. I did the worst possible thing and googled and it started telling me about painful back labours so I closed out of it. Don't need to be any more scared about labour :o0 Does anyone else have this and will it make a difference to pregnancy and/or labour? Thanks
babychino Posts: 634
Hi WMB, Just had a look in my pregnancy book & it says that a retroverted uterus is: 'An unusual position of the uterus where it is leaning backwards, which occurs in about about 15% of women & is of no consequence. It has no effect on fertility & does not cause miscarriage. It may very rarely block urination in the early stages of pregnancy'. Stay away from google, it's not good for us hormonal pregnant ladies :o0
Surfbaby Posts: 396
Hi WMB, I have it too. I was told at routine smear and then at subsequent appointments at colposcopy clinic. TBH only difference to me so far is that smear taking a little more awkward. Its whe the uterus is tilted towards the back rather than the front. I have been told by my acupuncturist that it can usually correct itself during pregnancy and ave not really given it more thought really since. :-8 Lets just hope babs moves our little (or not so little) uterus' into the correct position.
randomusername Posts: 2134
Thanks guys, didn't know it could correct itself, that'd be good :o0 Haven't had a problem with smears so fingers crossed all will be fine
Millie- Posts: 490
i have this too - my consultant told me that it automatically corrects itself in pregnancy so shouldn't cause any probs - at least thats what i'm hoping!!!
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
the pressure of the babies head usually corrects this stay away from google and stop worrying!
wifin Posts: 4761
Yep I have this too but it had corrected itself by 16 weeks. Just means that smears are a little more awkward and I had to use an internal wand for ultrasounds up to 16 weeks *)