Revenue cheques

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

brightling Posts: 1496
Hi, Just got cheques from revenue today, one in my name and one in DHs name. Yippee, happy days!! Anyway, want to lodge both into my own a/c which is still in my maiden name. Is it possible to do this with DHs cheque? Should I get him to sign it?? Bring marraige certificate to prove we are married?? Or am I making mountains out of molehills?? Useless when it comes to anything to do with money (other than spending it, that is!!).
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Yes DH to sign the back of his. Bring your marrage cert just in case, I had a cheque one day in my married name (a/c in other name) and PTSB lodged it for me no probs, but my sister had awful trouble with the same thing one day. They seem to make it up as they go along :o0
Tks for that. Sounds about right, who you gat and what mood they're in!!
short n sweet Posts: 1802
As long as it doesn't say Account Payee Only it should be okay ..
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
AIB lodged my one in DHs account today. Just have him sign the back. As long as a check does not have a/c payee on it it can be lodged in any account as long as the check is endorsed (signed) by the person it's made out to.
Well, had him sign the back last night, got the marriage cert out and off to local bank this morning. Was told not a hope in hell as was a/c payee only. Real jobsworth!! Headed to another branch this afternoon and not a problem. Lovely lady never even asked for anything, just swiped through, there you go, have a nice weekend. Thanks a million lovely lady, out of the overdraft for the moment!! Well at least til liffey valley starts calling in the morning!!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="brightling":3g0vxijj]Well, had him sign the back last night, got the marriage cert out and off to local bank this morning. Was told not a hope in hell as was a/c payee only. Real jobsworth!! Headed to another branch this afternoon and not a problem. Lovely lady never even asked for anything, just swiped through, there you go, have a nice weekend. Thanks a million lovely lady, out of the overdraft for the moment!! Well at least til liffey valley starts calling in the morning!![/quote:3g0vxijj] Unbelieveable!! Glad you got sorted :wv