Menu

Review of 'Weddings on Lake Garda'

Go to Feedback

Lakegardabride2015
New Wolly

Review of 'Weddings on Lake Garda'

Postby Lakegardabride2015 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 pm

I've finally gotten around to putting up my review of the wedding planner I used last year for my wedding in Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda.

The company is called Romantic Weddings on Lake Garda and the owner is Pam Barrack. She works alongside her husband, who is the photographer she lists on her price list (whom I didn’t use).

We chose Pam because of the great reviews we read online and she was prompt in returning to our early queries. However, after we paid our deposit this is where communication became an issue. The usual response time to an email was typically between 1 to 2 weeks. In my opinion, the whole point of employing a wedding planner is to avoid the stresses of communication when organising a wedding in another country, but I felt more aggravated having to constantly forward emails for a reply.

I can show many examples of the poor communication but this is the worst: we emailed on the 14 July confirming we had couriered all the requested documentation and if they could please be checked to confirm all were in order. We emailed again on the 29 July noting that we could see the documents had been delivered the previous week and asking that she return. Having received no response we emailed again on the 5 August and again on the 7 August looking for a response, finally receiving a response on the 8 August. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without having to chase your wedding planner! Pam knew my husband was from the UK and if any of his documents were not in order, he would have had very little time to fly over to get them corrected before we flew out to Italy on the 13 August.

We also received an email on the 11 August from Pam stating that we couldn't have a DJ where we were having drinks after our meal as the town hall had organised music in the square. I'm not sure how this happened as our dj was organised the year previous and we had paid to have a music licence for the night. This leads me to believe that Pam never organised the music license in time, however, I was so frazzled at this stage I didn't confront her.

The above is my personal experience with Pam and Weddings on Lake Garda, I understand others may have had a better dealings but I was left disappointed with the service we received.

:wv

Lakegardabride2015
New Wolly

Re: Review of 'Weddings on Lake Garda'

Postby Lakegardabride2015 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Apologies, this should actually be 'Romantic Weddings on Lake Garda'!

Lakegardabride2015 wrote:I've finally gotten around to putting up my review of the wedding planner I used last year for my wedding in Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda.

The company is called Romantic Weddings on Lake Garda and the owner is Pam Barrack. She works alongside her husband, who is the photographer she lists on her price list (whom I didn’t use).

We chose Pam because of the great reviews we read online and she was prompt in returning to our early queries. However, after we paid our deposit this is where communication became an issue. The usual response time to an email was typically between 1 to 2 weeks. In my opinion, the whole point of employing a wedding planner is to avoid the stresses of communication when organising a wedding in another country, but I felt more aggravated having to constantly forward emails for a reply.

I can show many examples of the poor communication but this is the worst: we emailed on the 14 July confirming we had couriered all the requested documentation and if they could please be checked to confirm all were in order. We emailed again on the 29 July noting that we could see the documents had been delivered the previous week and asking that she return. Having received no response we emailed again on the 5 August and again on the 7 August looking for a response, finally receiving a response on the 8 August. Planning a wedding is stressful enough without having to chase your wedding planner! Pam knew my husband was from the UK and if any of his documents were not in order, he would have had very little time to fly over to get them corrected before we flew out to Italy on the 13 August.

We also received an email on the 11 August from Pam stating that we couldn't have a DJ where we were having drinks after our meal as the town hall had organised music in the square. I'm not sure how this happened as our dj was organised the year previous and we had paid to have a music licence for the night. This leads me to believe that Pam never organised the music license in time, however, I was so frazzled at this stage I didn't confront her.

The above is my personal experience with Pam and Weddings on Lake Garda, I understand others may have had a better dealings but I was left disappointed with the service we received.

:wv

laurene
New Wolly

Postby laurene » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi,

So sorry to hear about your poor experience of Romantic Weddings on Lake Garda.

I am also in the process of using Pam and finding communication with her difficult - like you, responses are few and far between and I am starting to get frustrated - not to mention worried that things are not organised!

Aside from the music issue, did the rest of your day go to plan and was she better in person on the day?

Thanks! :-) x

missbride1990
New Wolly

Postby missbride1990 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi,

I am just in the process of planning my wedding with Romantic Weddings on Lake Garda as well and I am having similar issues!

Apart from the DJ did everything go okay? I'm getting worried that things won't be sorted on time!

X

Sezchick2
New Wolly

Postby Sezchick2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 pm

Having exactly the same issues. 2 months until wedding. No idea what is happening really but we aren't hearing much. I feel that had we known this we would not have paid Pam for the service and we wouldn't have gone with her. I think she is probably very busy with weddings but in this case needs to hire someone to sort paperwork and correspondence as it's very very frustrating and makes this all quite horrible! I'm just praying everything works out but it shouldn't be the case when you've hired someone to do this for you..

Lakegardabride2015
New Wolly

Postby Lakegardabride2015 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi all - didn't realise this had comments underneath! The paperwork was obviously the main reason we hired Pam, but over a week after our documents had been couriered to her door in Italy & signed for by Pam, we had to chase her to confirm she had them. Complete joke. Lesson learned too late for us...terrible, overpriced service

Inline - Algarve WP
Happyascanbe
New Wolly

Postby Happyascanbe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Hello Shezchick2, just wondering if things have improved on the communication front with Pam? Running into the same frustrations as you ! Is everything sorted as you'd like it to be ? x

Sally-Anne Lunn
New Wolly

Postby Sally-Anne Lunn » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi,

I am also experiencing problems with Romantic Weddings in Garda, I booked with Pam because of the great reviews she had but I am finding she never replies I don't even know if she has received my paperwork. I keep asking but no response. I get married in 5 weeks and have no idea how much more I have to pay or even how much the band cost. I keep thinking no news is good news but it's hard to stay positive I don't want to keep chasing her. Can anyone advise if it gets better closer to the time and on the day ?

TIA

Sally xx

Happyascanbe
New Wolly

Postby Happyascanbe » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Oh Sally sorry to hear you are having difficulties with Pam! I'd recommend ringing her and just keep ringing until you get the answers you need. She rarely gets back to you by email but is pretty good on the phone in my experience. Hope we don't have the same problems when it's our time as this is what she is being paid for to take the stress from you !!!

Keep us posted ! x

Leyla Osman
New Wolly

Postby Leyla Osman » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:22 am

Hi future brides and grooms,

I actually found it reassuring finding this post, as we are having exactly the same problem. We are just at the beginning and have one year to go so I can understand other weddings are taking priority. However we are due to fly to Malcesine next Wednesday and so far I have emailed/text Pam several times over the last few weeks asking for arrangements. It is very frustrating. The hotel we have booked to stay in has been more supportive!

Can anyone reassure us that even though the lack of communication, the wedding went as planned?

Next

Go to Feedback