Menu

Rib pain?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lila Posts: 982
Hi Just wondering if anyone has experienced a slight discomfort/pain right under boobs at the ribcage? I'm wondering if my ribs are expanding and maybe this is whats casuing the slight discomfort... I'm 27 weeks.. Thanks Lila
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Lila, I had that pain at around 14 weeks but its gone now. My aunt said it was the ribcage expanding but I said that to the consultant and he was non-committal about it. Its really sore isnt it?
lila Posts: 982
thanks Hokey for the reply - yes it can be sore but its more uncomfortable that anything. I had it before - can't remember how many weeks I was though but I'm sure its just as you said the rib cage expanding. I've a consultant appt this week so will mention it then if its still there
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote="lila":15rkexcl]thanks Hokey for the reply - [b:15rkexcl]yes it can be sore but its more uncomfortable that anything.[/b:15rkexcl] I had it before - can't remember how many weeks I was though but I'm sure its just as you said the rib cage expanding. I've a consultant appt this week so will mention it then if its still there[/quote:15rkexcl] I'm a bit of a baby - if its 'uncomfortable', in my head its 'really really sore' :o0
jellytots Posts: 139
I've had it from about week 16 and it is really sore... It's now beginning to creep around to my back! At this stage I'm just used to it but it is really sore. I dont usually get it until the afternoon though and it lasts til night time.. The joys.
*seahorse Posts: 1122
Yep, I get this too, Im due next week and still have it I'm sorry to say... it feels a bit like bruising I think its the muscles straining to carry the weight of the bump! Dr. seahorse :o0
John Walsh Guitar
baby-bel Posts: 929
im noticing this too my ribs under my left boob (the bigger one :o0 ) are sore and think its definately time for me to move from underwired bra to maternity bra