Rick Santorum comments on rape (Warning-might be upsetting)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
What do you make of this? Following the Republic race and the candidate seem to have a quite bizarre range of views. I think in a lot of other countries the frontrunners would be fringe candidates, but the republican movement seems to be looking for the most extreme right wing views possible. I really don't think Jesus would be voting for any of them.
workingmom Posts: 3429
I think he needs to check into the SANITORIUM for a while with a view like that.
reine Posts: 1771
Rick Santorum is a right-wing fundamentalist freak! It beggars belief that people have been voting for him. He abhors homosexuality (not the emotional side of it, just the physical. Apparently. Nutter.) and vehemently opposes the woman's right to choose. He has been promoting his pro-life stance and signing anti-abortion bills since George W Bush's time. His views on rape and pregnancy are disgusting. He is simply a vile individual.
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
Rick's view on what caused the economic collapse says it all : [quote:2ey6g44r]Letting the family break down and in fact encouraging it and inciting more breakdown through this whole redefinition of marriage debate, and not supporting strong nuclear families and not supporting and standing up for the dignity of human life. Those lead to a society that’s broken. If you think that we can be a society that kills our own, and that disregards the family and the important role it plays, and doesn’t teach moral values and the important role of faith in the public square, and then expect people to be good, decent and moral when they behave economically, if you look at the root cause of the economic problems that we’re dealing with on Wall Street and Main Street I might add, from 2008, they were huge moral failings. [/quote:2ey6g44r] Gay Marriage and abortion - truly the root of all evil in the world according to Rick. Flipping nutter...Oh and I hate people who wrap their anit-gay views up in a "pro-family" package....gay people are part of families too. Grrrr
eefc Posts: 1201
Only a crazy person, and whats more, a crazy MAN, would make a statement like this. He clearly doesn't know the viciousness and emotional torture raped women go through. And he never will. Because he is man. Even whats her face- Sarah Palin- wouldn't come out with this utter sh*te. I am embarrassed for America that he is American and allowed to speak publicly. IDIOT.