ricotta cheese....yes or no??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

first-timer Posts: 463
please help girls. is it ok to eat it or not? so confused. have u ate it or did eat it when your were pregnant? Thanks. :xxx
Wifey Wifey Posts: 198
Hi first-timer, I ate Ricotto cheese recently when we were away on holidays as it definetely wasnt on the list of cheeses not to eat that both my GP and hospital midwife gave me or in any of the books. Seeing as I couldnt eat the cottage cheese or shellfish that were always on the menus, I ate the Ricotto and it didnt do me any harm at all. I had a 16 week scan the other day and all was perfect and I double checked with midwife about what I had eaten and she said it was fine. Maybe other people mightn't have the same opinion but personally, it didnt do me any harm! Good luck xx
first-timer Posts: 463
[quote="Wifey Wifey":1m24uzuq]Hi first-timer, I ate Ricotto cheese recently when we were away on holidays as it definetely wasnt on the list of cheeses not to eat that both my GP and hospital midwife gave me or in any of the books. Seeing as I couldnt eat the cottage cheese or shellfish that were always on the menus, I ate the Ricotto and it didnt do me any harm at all. I had a 16 week scan the other day and all was perfect and I double checked with midwife about what I had eaten and she said it was fine. Maybe other people mightn't have the same opinion but personally, it didnt do me any harm! Good luck xx[/quote:1m24uzuq] I heard you can eat cottage cheese!! oh its so contradicting! I also read that parmesan is ok to eat and i know for a fact that most parmesan is UNPASTEURISED, its one of the few that actually states it! and yet its still on lots of the ok cheeses to eat list! i dunno. :(