Riots at wedding in Wicklow

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Anyone hear it on the news? :eek :eek A major row broke out at a wedding in Wicklow,leathal weapons were found...i wonder was anyone Wollies :eek :eek :eek
sun flowers Posts: 3421
that puts a whole different slant on "shot gun wedding".... :eek
braybride0907 Posts: 558
Oh no, where in Wicklow? I'm getting married there! Poor bride - her day will be ruined!
The Wife! Posts: 384
ooh where did you hear that? Was it today?
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
what day was it.
An investigation is under way after a serious incident at Tinakilly Country House Hotel in Rathnew, Co Wicklow. Around 11pm a row broke out among about 60 Travellers who were attending a wedding reception at the hotel. GardaĆ­ say a number of those involved in the disturbance were armed. AdvertisementSo far machetes, pick axes, slash-hooks, hatches, wheelbraces and knives have been recovered. It is understood a sawn-off shotgun and pistol were also produced during the row. A large number of gardaĆ­ from Wicklow and Wexford were called and those involved in the brawl fled the scene. The garda helicopter was also dispatched.
The Wife! Posts: 384
My god, in Tinakilly, That is such a nice hotel. Cant believe it happened there. Was it a travellers wedding or were they just there?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
sorry posted above me
sun flowers Posts: 3421
I'm outta here for this one...
Dunno, just says 60 travellers were guests at it. Wonder if anyone was getting married there today and was there repercussions cos of that? Its a fab hotel!