riverbank wexford

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

helly01 Posts: 28
has anybody had of been at a wedding here, if so what did you think ?
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
I have never been but heres a link to wexford brides,maybe they can help.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Haven't been to a wedding there personally but lots of people I know have and though it was fantastic, not a bad word to say about it. Have had food there myself though and it is lovely. HTH. :wv
wexfordbride Posts: 64
Hi Helly, I've been to a couple of weddings in the Riverbank, one full wedding and one afters, both great days. The function room is nicely separated from the rest of the hotel so it definitely feels like a private function. For the full wedding I was at there it took them a fairly long time (maybe an hour?) to change the room around for dancing. I always think this puts a bit of a dampener on the atmosphere, but usually can't be helped. If you are booking it, maybe just ask them if they could speed that bit up! They're a bit short on rooms, so you'd need to look into recommending other hotels/B&Bs to your guests. Food was gorgeous! HTH WB *)
anonbride08 Posts: 326
hi there i wen tto look at thos hotel and was so disappointed - staff were very rude. Thought the chairs in function roon weren't the best and you would def need chair covers - bedrooms were awful in my opinion - big flowery head board in the bridal suite!!!! Theres def nicer hotels out there!
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
I had my wedding booked there for next May but heard rumours that it was sold. They were not confirmed but we changed just in case. We found that there was not really enough rooms when people are travelling also.
WifeZilla Posts: 1222
Was at 2 weddings in the Riverbank and the venue is lovely..really nice bar and the reception room is lovely too. The food is good but in my experience, and i don't know if some people would disagree, but it wasn't that plentiful...beautifully presented but a tad too flimsy IMO.
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
Been at a few weddings there and while its nice we didn't book it, but in its defence the only fault i have is the constant coming & going of people having to go downstairs & outside for a cig so the landing/stairs is always occuppied. But a lovely hotel.