Robbie Williams Slane 2006???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hunnybunny Posts: 346
Just heard on Tv3 news that Robbie and Rolling Stones might be playing Slane in September, anyone heard anything???
december Posts: 1141
No, but I hope it would be better than last Friday's debacle.
Fio Posts: 812
Didn't hear anything, but here's hoping!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote:253jnr9f]No, but I hope it would be better than last Friday's debacle.[/quote:253jnr9f] Saw a few other posts that robbie wasn't great on friday and that sound quality wasn't too good. Heard that the sound at the U2 gigs last year wasn't great either - is Croke Park the problem??
I think it is. the sound was really bad when U2 played last year. I thought cos I'd be on the pitch this time it would be different, but unfortunately not. Also, the fact that his big special effect didn't work (which might have saved the entertainment value) put a dampener on things. He's normally brilliant!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
That's a pity if the sound wasn't good - saw Robbie in Phoenix Park a few years back and it was a great gig. Slane would be fab - must keep an eye out for more news on a gig there.
He was great in the Phoenix Park. Slane is great for sound, but it's terrible to get home from, so I hope it's not there!
Have seen hime a couple times now. Maybe it was Croke Park as the sound wasn't great for U2 last year either. But think that he acknowledged on stage on Friday night that this wasn't his greatest concert!!
dogandspoon Posts: 20
What station did you hear this on? Was it a proposed joint gig, or each artist playing different venues? Thanks
TV3 news , sounded like two seperate concerts. Just said they were applying for licences for concerts in September.