Robitussin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sally Posts: 1140
I have been reading 'Taking charge of your fertility' and they recommend taking robitussing if your CM is poor as mine is. Just wondering has anyone tried this and if so did they just take it around ovulation or for the whole cycle up to ovulation? It says take two spoons three times a day which seem like a lot. Anyone know which cough bottles contain just Robitussin??? Dont want to ask in the chemist in case they cop what im up to!!!! Also did anyone find when they came off the pill they have virtually no CM.... mine seems to be increasing with every month so maybe its a problem which will sort itself out.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Check out the "sperm meets egg plan" - it discusses the use of Robitussin. For some reason, you're supposed to use the "regular" kind (i.e. not extra strength): "Take a dose of plain Robitussin cough syrup (or any cough medicine that says "expectorant" and NOT "antihistamine") each day (preferably a few hours prior to "trying") starting around Day 10 until the day after your ovulation predictor goes off. It should help make all the mucus in your body runnier, including that produced by your cervix." Yum! :o0 Just tell them in the chemist that it's for someone with a cough! Am sure they won't cop on.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
interesting. I am on day10 today of cycle. Might go out and purchase some cough syrup this lunchtime and try it this month!!! Every little helps so they say. Anyone think this helps?
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
I haven't tried robitussin but drinking lots of water, grapefruit juice and green day before ovulation definitely helped me! THe pill definitey messes it up - took months for me to get back to normal!