rochestown park / construction site

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missylee Posts: 14
really annoyed getting married here in a few weeks and just told there are some renovations going on. took a trip down, its virtually a construction site. half the hotel is closed off, residents bar, bridal suite and gardens for photos all out of use. there is scaffolding at the entrace and caution site signs everwhere. we werent told about this when booking, and its too late to do anything now. so upset, and angry... :o( >:o(
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Jez dont blame you I would be the same myself :o(
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
heard through a friend of a friend who was at the Vienna woods in cork lately that the roof by the bar started leaking due to dodgy extension job done outside.
missylee Posts: 14
Hi sheey..i heard the same about vienna woods, they should have that fixed by now! Just to let ye know, we cancelled our wedding at rochestown park....with 3 weeks to our wedding??? Still can’t believe they rang us only 3 weeks before our wedding to tell us about the "renovations"...more like building site! We got lucky and we found another venue which we are delighted with... spent a few hours ringing people to let them know about the change of venue.....what a headache! Also, we met the assistant manager today and he never offered an apology for ringing us so late....unbelievable! What stress they caused us over the last two days!!
Shay Livingstone Posts: 1
[quote="missylee":3ky6pv2t]really annoyed getting married here in a few weeks and just told there are some renovations going on. took a trip down, its virtually a construction site. half the hotel is closed off, residents bar, bridal suite and gardens for photos all out of use. there is scaffolding at the entrace and caution site signs everwhere. we werent told about this when booking, and its too late to do anything now. so upset, and angry... :o( >:o([/quote:3ky6pv2t] Management Response. My sincere apologies that you were not made aware of our refurbishment/development work prior to three weeks before your wedding. It is a matter I have addressed and rectified. However I would like to re-iterate that the building work does not affect any of the weddings booked with the hotel. Our team of Architects and builders have put plans in place for the days in which we have weddings to ensure both the bride and groom and the wedding party are not affected in any way. I appreciate the day you came to the hotel scaffolding was erected and builders were working, but on the afternoon of all weddings this is covered and building work grinds to a halt. The refurbishment of one of our banqueting suites was completed back in April with a budget of 1.3 million to make it the most state of the art wedding venue in all of Cork. Over the past week we have spoken many times at length about your concerns and I am delighted we came to an understanding. Shay Livingstone General Manager Rochestown Park Hotel