Rotunda EPU

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

GotPreggers Posts: 988
Girls have any of you had any experience with the Rotunda EPU? I phoned the emergency room yesterday because I was bleeding and the doc told me that someone from the EPU would contact me today to go in for a scan, I thought for today. I phoned them this morning and I get an answer machine saying the EPU is only open between 7.30 and 8.30????? So I left another msg onm their machine to call me. I am really worried after the two bleeds and I just want to make sure that everything is ok, but it look like I may have to wait till tomorrow to be seen? Have any of you any feedback for me? Any would be greatly appreciated.
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
I have no expierence with the Rotunda but the same thing happened to me in the Coombe when I was 8 weeks. I was worried about discharge I was getting and rang and left two messages asking for someone to call me back. To this day I haven't received that phone call. I think you should call your GP, he/she will give you a letter to go to EPU if you need to and then you just head in. Best of luck and hopefull its nothing too serious. Take care :xxx
Thanks BabyMad, can't believe they never called you back O:| Even if I ring my GP, I will still have to wait till tomorrow coz they are open open for an hour O:| Headwrecking stuff!
Is the EPU different to A&E, surely they have an A&E department you could go to? Try and ring the main hospital and tell them you are really worried and see will they do anything for you.
I did ring the A&E but they just tell me to ring the EPU because I am not in pain but sure no one is answering the phone in EPU O:|
That sucks BUT if you're really anxious about it I'd tell them you have cramps (just a little white lie) or just turn up at the hospital and tell them you want to be seen. Its ridicolous that the EPU is only open for an hour, not everyone has problems between 07.30 and 08.30 O:| O:| God, they'd give you blood pressure sometimes >:o(
sinion Posts: 6050
Oh sweetheart just go into the A&E in the Rotunda, they won't turn you away! do as Babymad says and exaggerate a bit if you feel you need to, but if you turn up there they will see you, especially now that you're past the 2 week mark. best of luck pet, i'm sure it's nothing to worry about xx
Thanks Baby Mad, I know it is crazy I will give them another little while to call me and if still nothing, I will ring again, I feel so helpless, I don't know what to be doing with myself
Thanks Sinion, I might just do that later if they still haven't come back to me, its ridiculous
missc Posts: 875
They are only open for one hour :eek that is crazy. I had to ring the emergeny dept last week and they told me to come down in a few hours as there was a bit of a Q at the time. As the other girls said, i would ring (or just go down) to the emergency dept, they will have to see you. Maybe you will have to wait for your scan but they will have to examine you today, surely. Best of luck chicken :xox let us know how you get on