Rotunda Private Fees & recommend a Consultant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wed Posts: 117
Hi, I have decided to go to the Rotunda and go private. Could you PLEASE recommend a consultant there?? I would also love to know their fees if anyone can advise me please. Thanks :thnk
Delphinium Posts: 3027
We were wondering whether going private was worth the money until all went awry and I ended up having a failed induction and an emergency c-section. My experience with Mary Holohan was second to none and she is one of the best in the business if you end up with a section. Some may find her manner a bit brisk or "efficient" but don't be put off by that. When all is well she does not need to spend more time than necessary with you! Don't take it personally. She is a good doctor and when the situation calls for it we found her to be very kind, attentive and professional in her dealings with us. She explained everything to us at every step over a very tough 24 hours prior to delivery of our DS. The midwifery staff in the Rotunda speak very highly of her also which is recommendation enough for me. She charged us 3.5K last year and IMO worth every penny. Her clinics are on Monday afternoons and Thursday mornings. She doesn't have a personal secretary. Appointments are arranged via Admin at the Private Clinic. HTH.
Bluebear Posts: 1594
I was under the care of Dr Geraldine Connolly and would highly recommend her. I had a few scares during the pregnancy followed by a difficult second stage labour and I found that Dr Connolly was so reassuring to deal with. So much so that I'm already contemplating baby no2!! Fees for Dr Connolly were €3500- but it was money well spent!
pinky winky Posts: 564
[quote="Bluebear":1a2rc6bj]I was under the care of Dr Geraldine Connolly and would highly recommend her. I had a few scares during the pregnancy followed by a difficult second stage labour and I found that Dr Connolly was so reassuring to deal with. So much so that I'm already contemplating baby no2!! Fees for Dr Connolly were €3500- but it was money well spent![/quote:1a2rc6bj] +++++++++1 Dr Connolly is amazing and worth every penny, the care through out my pregnancy was outstanding and my birth experience was so positive I would have ten babies if I could. She is worth every penny, like bluebear I am already contemplating baby no2 and if she doubled her fee's I would still go to her.
purplemammy Posts: 31
I am currently under the care of Dr. Connolly for no. 2. Went with her on my son as well. She is excellent, well worth the money. Always makes me feel very relaxed and at easy. Would defo recommend her. And for the girls thinking about no. 2 the fee is 3,200 :wv