Rotunda question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wowza Posts: 556
If you arrive in labour into the Rotunda during the day are you sent straight into the assessment area or do you have to go to the waiting area for general public first? I went in at night time on DD and was sent straight into the assessment area. I don't think I was even put into the little waiting room that's in there. Is it the same during the day? :thnk
tilsun Posts: 4506
I went into the little waiting room on both. On dd it was middle if the night and we were on our own in there for a few minutes before nurse was free On ds it was 5 in the evening, the waiting room was jammers and on the kind advice if the other ladies there I had to leave to grab a nurse as none were coming and I was far into labour.
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
I got there at about 10.30 in the morning and went into the little waiting room. It was packed but I was havin mad pains so was only in there for a few minutes.
wowza Posts: 556
Thanks ladies. And anyone know if the delivery rooms are given out on a triage basis or first come first served? I was in one of the little rooms in the assessment areas for about 2 hours before I had dd, and I dunno if that's because I was only 2cm or because when I came in two other women came in just before me.