Rotunda's policies if overdue..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dion Posts: 986
hi, does anyone know or have any experience with the policy is in the Rotunda if you go over your due date.
amberjack Posts: 1273
It's 10 days, although if you're private you'll probably have a bit more leeway! Good luck I was brought in 3 days early and induced the next day as the baby's growth had "slowed down" although I think it was my consultants' way of getting my baby out on time, which was fine by me and baby was grand.
lush11 Posts: 2877
Yeah, at the ante natal class the midwife said 10 days. Im due this day next week and hopefully i wont go too far over. I can handle 5 days but no more, please.
dottie2011 Posts: 113
Hi dion - your brought in at 10 days overdue and have a scan and an internal examination and then booked for induction in the days after that depending on how busy the labour ward is! HTH :wv
pinky winky Posts: 564
My consultant said she generally doesn't let her patients go more than 7 days over but anytime from due date is negotiable which is fine by me. Im so nervous about the baby being born safely as soon as I get full term I want that little baba in my arms.
Thumbelina Posts: 2340
7 days max for me too. Was due to be induced 5 days over on DS2 but he decided to arrive himself that morning!
buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
girls, would you not prefer to go a few days over rather than being induced? this is my first baby so I have no experience of being overdue or being induced but I think I'll be avoiding induction at all costs from what I've read. woud much rather go myself.
Asscher Posts: 732
I had my DS in the Rotunda 11 weeks ago. I was brought in for an induction at 10 days over. To be honest I was cracking up at the stage. As much as I would have prefered to go myself I was glad to be induced in the end. I was so big and uncomfrotable every time another night came around with no babs I was crying. I would have happily let them induce me a few days earlier.