Rotunda Scan...????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hi Girls, Advise needed.. Just off the phone to the Rotunda. Booked in for Semi-private care. First checkup and scan is on March 31st??? Surely that's very late is it??? I'll be 19 weeks (Please God) by then....... Will I ring them back or is this the norm???
sinion Posts: 6050
my first scan is at the beginning of March and I'll be 16 weeks, I thought that was late enough but yours is worse. I think they're just really busy at that time. We're going for a private scan in the meantime so you could do that
Thanks Sinion, How do I go about booking a private scan???
McMummy Posts: 1041
Hi babycake, I'm not is same hospital but my first scan was planned for 21 weeks which like you seemed very late to me so I booked a private scan for 8 weeks. While the early scan was good for confirming the pregnancy, due date along with hearing the heart beat it was so early there wasn't much else to see while the one at 21 weeks was so different. You could really see the little person our baby was. Seeing all its little limbs and movements was so cool. I was really delighted we had a late scan but also at a time when the baby still had loads of room to show off :o0 19 weeks is not too late but an early scan can put you're mind at ease and make the pregnancy feel more real. Hope that's some help
It is Wedwolly, Thanks for much. How do I book a private scan? Do I ring the Rotunda for that??
McMummy Posts: 1041
To get a private scan you need to get a letter from your doctor requesting an early scan. Mine just said it was to confirm dates and then you can make an appointment almost straight away but its probably best to wait until 8-9 weeks so they can pick up the heart beat.
Girls you are a fountain of knowledge! Just booked into Mount Carmel for a private scan at 11 weeks! Thanks again to you allx
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I'm attending WRH and my 1st and only scan is just before 19 weeks, so it seems pretty standard. I booked a private scan in Kilkenny for 13 weeks and didn't need a letter of referral, just rang to make the appointment - think it depends on where you go whether you need a referral. HTH