Rough

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I swore I wouldn't moan to ye about sickness but had a bad weekend. I just can't keep down my breakfast, or anything to be honest. I feel sick from hunger then but find eating very hard. Some morning I feel ok until I have eaten other mornings I feel sick and get sick before I have even eaten. I have to say I feel really bad today. Nothing worse being stuck in work feeling like crap. Just got bottle of 7up hoping it might settle my tummy. Have been sick 3 times already today. I am so tempted to go home but feel guilty for doing so as I have to ring in sick on Thursday for my scan.
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi little mrs sunshine I really feel for you, i'm the same, sick morning til night but I don't actually vomit so at least I don't have to run to the loos in work or anything I wouldn't feel guilty at all about ringing in sick, if you weren't pregnant and you were this sick you'd have to go home so do whats best for you Why do you need to ring in sick for your scan? Can you not just tell them you have a hospital appointment if you don't want them to know your pregnant? Your entitled to take time off for hospital visits
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Appointment is at 12.30 and I don't want to come back to work after or come in before. Just afraid if it's bad news I know I won't be able to come back in
dovedro Posts: 1295
Could you just tell them that you have a hospital appointment and that you have to get a lot of tests done and you've been told it will take quite a few hours so you don't think you'll be able to come back in after? They're unlikely to question you on it I'm doing that for my scan next week But if it makes you feel better to say nothing to them then just ring in sick and don't feel bad about it Best of luck with it :thnk
sinion Posts: 6050
sorry you're having an awful time hon :o( you need to look after youself so if you're really bad I'm sure it will be ok to go home today and for you scan too, most important thing is you and the baby :xxx
Ducky Posts: 2506
Ah you poor mite. Try and et away from work if you can, we can't do it all! Just remember that this is the slowest and hardest bit and it will be over SOON and you will be yummy mummy with bump!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hi LMS, God love you! It's rotten. Don't apologise for having a moan at all!! We all know how delighted you are to be pregnant, and there's nothing wrong with not feeling wonderful about hugging the toilet, you're only human! Hang in there, it will get better. Take it easy on yourself. Sip the 7up, try the usual recommendations, bland dry food or whatever you can face, don't worry if it's not 100% healthy. Hang in there. Sending you virtual hugs. *) :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 :action31 :action32 *)
newyearbabs Posts: 686
Hi LMS Morning sickness is the worst but hopefully it will pass soon. I spent the 1st 3months eating very plain food crackers, ginger nut biscuts & toast did force some smoothies down at some stages. It will ease for you soon hopefully. If you can't keep anything at all down it might be no harm to go & see doc he might give you something. You don't want to end up dehaydrated (sp) and feck work look after yourself and babs
NotHere Posts: 10273
Best of luck on Thursday LMS :thnk All that sickness will be worth it when you see that little heeartbeat on the screen :lvs
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Best of luck for Thursday I pray all is going well,so sorry your feeling so sick....have you tried one of those travel sickness arm bands you can get them in Boots apparently and they are great :xxx