RSVP cards necessary??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nciara20 Posts: 110
Hi girls just wondering if RSVP by text would b ok?alot of our guests would b capable of texting I just think cards enveloped and stamps are added costs my friend is making my invites so trying to keep it simple!!any advice??thanks!!;)
reluctantMrsC Posts: 90
I have seen quite a few invitations with just a phone number for RSVP so it obviously works - just remember to keep note of who replies. We actually had our RSVPs as a postcard so cuts down on the need for envelopes. Its worked well so far as in no blanks ones in the door yet. If a friends is making them maybe you could get a her to make just a few rsvps for the ones you would be concerned about ie older relatives.
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
I sent out my invites a couple of weeks ago with just a phone number and put our address on the invite aswell. If I was doing it again I would send very simple plain RSVP cards out with them particularly for older relatives as we have recieved about 20 cards and I feel bad that people had to go out and buy the cards to send them back to us. I wouldn't bother stamping the rsvp cards but would definitely send them if I was doing it again. even some of the younger ones sent RSVP cards instead of texting which I found strange!!
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
RSVP by text is fine - but I'd still put an RSVP in for the older relatives who would of always RSVP'ed by post.
Eleanor Rigby Posts: 1067
I'm not going to bother with them, I'm giving people an email address and website to RSVP at. I don't see them used too often and to me they're just a waste. I know that H2B's aunts defo won't RSVP via card or email so we'll probably end up following up with everyone!
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
We didn't bother with them. I've actually never received a card with an RSVP card myself. We had a postal and email address for RSVPs and it worked well-we got the mammies to chase up the families when needed!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
We put our address, both phone numbers and an email address on the invitation, but didn't include RSVP cards. Most people replied by text and email with about....15 or so cards. We did have to chase up a good number of people (about 20 I think) and I wondered if it was to do with the lack of RSVP cards but then I heard from a good few friends who DID include RSVP cards that they also had to chase up a load of guests. If your pal is doing your invitations as a gift and you want to save her a bit of time/money then I'd say they're not necessary once you include a house address that older/non-internet savy guests can send a card to.
nciara20 Posts: 110
Thanks for the replys guys!90% of guests are well able to text other than my grandparents which I know will b there so ye think ph num and our address will b fine!!
the farmer wants a wife Posts: 334
we also said rsvp to phone nos- handier by far!! most ppl never send rsvps back anyways - def suits us
candlequeen Posts: 991
I wasn't going to bother, but now that I think of it there are a good few older guests... I probably wouldn't even have telephone numbers for the half of them to follow up on them, I might just knock up 20 or so and pop them in with the invites going to those people.