RSVP date? How far in advance?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trillian Posts: 1685
Invitation question ladies - should I put a date on my invitations for RSVP purposes? If yes how far in advance? Ordering them end of the week so any help appreciated......
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Hi Trillian, I definitely think its a good idea to put a deadline on your invite, at least it makes people aware that they're to send back a reply. That being said, we're getting married the 25.04.08, we sent out our invites the 29.02.03 with an RSVP date of the 14.03.08. As I'm sure you are aware today is now the 25.03.08 and we still have only gotten about half of the RSVPs back! My suggestion would be give yourself plenty of time between the RSVP date and your wedding date, that way you're not tearing out your hair when people are slow in sending back cards. Best of luck :wv
Trillian Posts: 1685
Thanks for that, that time frame was about what I thought. Hope they hurry up and reply for you - my cousin had a date, she even included addressed stamped relpy cards, and still had to call half thepeople to confirm. Family's attitude was "sure of course we'll be there why do we need to reply", guess I'll be facing the same. :o0
marianf Posts: 5845
I overheard the man in Lantz say that they should be sent out 8 weeks before with an RSVP date 4 weeks later so you still have 4 weeks to chase people. We are using Daintree's semi finished invites and have decided to put different addresses on different invites. Our friends will RSVP to our house, our families and friends of family will RSVP to us at either my parents address or my h2b parents address. We are hoping that if we do this, that family and friends will RSVP when they are visiting us or our families or when they are on the phone. Fingers crossed it works!
mrsjun08 Posts: 2299
[quote="CharlotteYork":1aeqj9ma]we're getting married the 25.04.08, we sent out our invites the 29.02.[b:1aeqj9ma]03[/b:1aeqj9ma][/quote:1aeqj9ma] CharlotteYork you were very organized sending out your invitations, 5 years in advance!!! :o0 :o0
[quote="mrsjun08":o55zbkji][quote="CharlotteYork":o55zbkji]we're getting married the 25.04.08, we sent out our invites the 29.02.[b:o55zbkji]03[/b:o55zbkji][/quote:o55zbkji] CharlotteYork you were very organized sending out your invitations, 5 years in advance!!! :o0 :o0[/quote:o55zbkji] Yes well, when you know he's the one, you know he's the one!! :o0 :-8
Mrs. Ash Posts: 1168
We have given 5 weeks before the wedding to RSVP, but that said we found out at the weekend that one of h2b's uncles has a habit of RSVPing no and then showing up on the day anyways!! O:| Don't know why we bother with RSVP's then, if he thinks that's acceptable!! >:o( :o0 (Sorry, having a v v pessimistic day re: all wedding planning! :-8 )
mrsjun08 Posts: 2299
[quote="CharlotteYork":1ypq24zv][quote="mrsjun08":1ypq24zv][quote="CharlotteYork":1ypq24zv]we're getting married the 25.04.08, we sent out our invites the 29.02.[b:1ypq24zv]03[/b:1ypq24zv][/quote:1ypq24zv] CharlotteYork you were very organized sending out your invitations, 5 years in advance!!! :o0 :o0[/quote:1ypq24zv] Yes well, when you know he's the one, you know he's the one!! :o0 :-8[/quote:1ypq24zv] :o0 :o0 Well after all that waiting now you only have one month to go!! :o)ll :o)ll
delightfullywedded Posts: 163
Hi, Our date is 11.04.08 and we posted our invites 4 weeks ago except for the overseas ones which we posted in January. We put tomorrow (26.03.08) as the RSPV date. We also have only recieved about half the replys. I'm gonna chase them all up next week. Nightmare!
[quote="mrsjun08":i4n8benh][quote="CharlotteYork":i4n8benh][quote="mrsjun08":i4n8benh][quote="CharlotteYork":i4n8benh]we're getting married the 25.04.08, we sent out our invites the 29.02.[b:i4n8benh]03[/b:i4n8benh][/quote:i4n8benh] CharlotteYork you were very organized sending out your invitations, 5 years in advance!!! :o0 :o0[/quote:i4n8benh] Yes well, when you know he's the one, you know he's the one!! :o0 :-8[/quote:i4n8benh] :o0 :o0 Well after all that waiting now you only have one month to go!! :o)ll :o)ll[/quote:i4n8benh] I know! I just glanced at my ticker a minute ago and had a little flutter in my chest. Can't believe its going to say "3 weeks and 6 days" tomorrow. This last year just flew!