RSVP date

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mdonoghue2703 Posts: 44
Hi, just want to confirm how much notice most people are leaving on their RSVP's. For example, our wedding is on April 30, 2016. I was going to put an RSVP date of April 1, 2016 on the cards, because we will be sending out the invites in late Feb, so guests will have 8 weeks notice of the wedding date. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks!
Casperlady Posts: 166
I dunno most of the checklists online say 8 weeks before for invites and 2 for RSVP. I however am going against tradition my invites are going out a year beforehand for everyone abroad and 6 months before for those in Ireland. Our RSVP is 6 weeks before to allow us time to chase people up if necessary
allsĂșn Posts: 253
Getting married on the 31 march, sending out the invites the beginning of Feb with RSVP the beginning of March. I am figuring most people will be late in sending back the RSVPs so that gives extra time for them to be sent back and then to have time to chase up those I don't hear from.
Ccmcl Posts: 49
We are doing the rsvp date for 4 weeks before. I think that seems to be the norm from what I've seen!
MissyM67 Posts: 337
I'm not sure what the norm is, but we're getting married end of May, and going to send them end Feb/March, and ask for RSVPs by April 1st. Being Irish I figure we'll probably be following up with most of them in April anyway, so it still allows plenty of time for ones that haven't been returned :hyper:
SparkleSpring16 Posts: 24
My wedding is 23rd April and my RSVP date is 18th March, so 6 weeks before the day. My plan is that I can give people a few days/week after the RSVP date to get back to me and then if I still haven't heard from them I have a week to chase them up and get an answer. So I'm hoping it won't be too stressful as I'll have so much time and won't be under as much pressure.
mdonoghue2703 Posts: 44
Thanks ladies for all the replies. I'll stick to the 4 weeks before our date as the RSVP date. Like you said, we will end up phoning/chasing some people regardless, and I'd rather have that extra time to do so.