RSVPs - quick question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ShinyBride Posts: 418
Did you number them in case people don't put their names on them?
nosie Posts: 449
Yes
mrsxtobe Posts: 198
I didn't bother I feel most people will email or ring us and if we do get some back we can chase it up when we are chasing up the people who didn't RSVP at all.
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
What I have seen done is if you have an excel sheet with all the guest names on it, then reference the cell entry on the RSVP to keep track. Quite a useful tip I thought. Although we aren't sending RSVP cards, text or email we have decided to go with.
ShinyBride Posts: 418
Yeah, I have a spreadsheet with the names & addresses, so will probably do that, just in case!
june2015bride Posts: 67
Yes, I numbered the back of the rsvp so I have a shhet with the names and numbers, I got a few back with just the box ticked no name checked it against the number and new who its was then, great idea. Alto half havnt even bothered replying yet. :/
Laura_Whelan Posts: 56
numbering them sounds like a good idea.
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Yes, numbering the RSVPs was one of the best tips I ever got from WOL, it wouldn't have occurred to me otherwise! I was amazed how many RSVPs came back with no name, one even had "Just me" written on it, as they weren't bringing a guest, no name though! So being able to reference the numbers to a spreadsheet was very handy. I was using the same spreadsheet to note what gifts people gave us too, so they could be thanked properly for each gift. Now 18 months later I still use the same spreadsheet for looking up addresses (think TY cards here). Handy to have it all in 1 place.
Laura_Whelan Posts: 56
[quote="LadyLizzie":1wv5c60r] I was using the same spreadsheet to note what gifts people gave us too, so they could be thanked properly for each gift. Now 18 months later I still use the same spreadsheet for looking up addresses (think TY cards here). Handy to have it all in 1 place.[/quote:1wv5c60r] The excel sheet would be good after for the xmas card list lol, Yes I mentioned xmas in May.
KeiraC2be Posts: 7
So glad I came across this post yesterday. I have numbered my guest in my excel chart. Wouldn't have even thought that people would forget to put their names down :duh: