Rubella

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NotHere Posts: 10273
I know it's been mentioned here before but I'm still not clear about it...what is the story with the rubella shot? I'm 90% sure I had the MMR and a booster...is this not what happens with most of Irish school children? :?
deisebabe Posts: 740
Happens to most but some people don't get the booster in school so thats why you check.i can't remember if i had one or not
bellabella Posts: 2750
Well i just went to my doc and he did a blood test and i got the results a few days later. get it done as soon as you can it takes a minute and in the long run it is vey important. good luck.
lindeen Posts: 213
you should ALWAYS have your rubella checked regardless of if you had the booster in school.The immunity can wear off,it happened to my sister.
Lucy D Posts: 91
I would agree with lindeen you should definetly get this checked before you TTC just in case, I knew I had got the injection but still got myself checked as it can wear off in somecases better to be safe than sorry and if you aren't immune then you have to wait 3 months after getting a new injection before you can start TTC. Best of luck.
tasket Posts: 306
Hi newlywed, They won't give you the shot if they think there's a chance you might be pg, and in fact you're not supposed to ttc for 3 months after getting it. If you are pg don't panic too much - my doc didn't check my rubella titer until after I was pg and as it turns out I'm not fully immune, but rubella is fairly rare so he just told me to be careful to avoid being around sick people! HTH.
Thanks Tasket :)