Rude Wench!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
So I've just posted this elsewhere but thought it deserved a second rant here! Went away at weekend and met a girl I hadn't seen in two years (last saw at my wedding). Now, I did put on a fair bit of weight between getting married and pg but still, I think there was NO need for this conversation: Her - Your bump seems a bit on the big side, would you not be worried about it? (has barely said hello at this stage!) Me - no, it's been measured - it's dead on for my dates Her - How long have you left? Me - Only 7 weeks Her - Well if you're this huge now, how big do you reckon you'll be then? Seriously, I've met lots of girls at your stage and none of them have a bump like yours! Me - Honestly, it's the right size Her - Hmmm. Well, it must be because you were bigger to begin with (WTF??????) Me - I don't know about that. Her - Well good luck getting that off you when the baby comes! I am not joking. I am 5'8 and a size 14-16, have put on just over 16lbs since getting pregnant and everyone else has been telling me it's all bump. No, I'm not skinny.. but I'm not some sort of whale either. Anyone who's seen me on here will know I did really worry about getting very big during pregnancy and have been doing my best to eat an extremely healthy diet. Why do people think that they can talk like this? Like, seriously? I honestly couldn't look at her for the rest of the weekend and actually found myself avoiding her because it really p***** me off. Oh, and she followed this chestnut with 'and are you worried about dh losing his job? They say most engineers will be out of work by the end of the year, that must be a big concern now that you're pregnant'. What ever happened to "congratulations, you're blooming!"... even if you're not? O:| O:| O:|
Ergel Posts: 53
Can't believe that. That's disgraceful. Don't spend too much time dwelling on her words they're not worth it. :lvs Keep well for the next few weeks and best of luck with the birth
mrsodo Posts: 1292
OMG Mrs Bean, count your blessings that you haven't seen this girl in two years, and hopefully it will be at least that before you see her again!! I don't understand why some people have to be so negative, she's obviously an insecure person who makes herself feel better by putting other people down. I wouldn't waste my anger on her, she's definitely not worth it. All I can say is what a complete cow!! She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about, she's just a sad, miserable person who is probably jealous of the fact that in only 7 weeks you're going to have a gorgeous new baby. :lvs
wifee07 Posts: 353
Jealsousy is so hard to deal with!! Girl i work with told me I looked normal from behind whilst I was pregnant but when I turned around I was literally like a beached whale!! Nice!! Friends like this we do not need!! Save yourself the hassle of meeting up with that biatch again!!
milis Posts: 7998
I kinda want to slap her for you ;o( Seriously, I do wonder how people with such few social skills survive.
Gingham Posts: 3014
what a biddy mrs bean..I wouldnt take any notice of her...people like that are not worth your time....one word screams out to me here...JEALOUSY!!! she must be very sad in her own life to say things like that to anyone!!
survivor Posts: 2507
What a wagon O:| O:| O:| O:| She'll get no luck for being that much of a complete and total b*tch.
babyluck Posts: 764
OH MY GOD WHAT A B*TCH like seriously I just cant believe she didn't hear herself and think to herself eh what am I saying she really and truely is awful so as I can be objective about this..... can I suggest (and this is not taking from the fact that she was TOTALLY out of order) but someone behaving like that reflects so much on them I am not trying to offer an excuse for her but when people say things like that to me about anything - not just preg. then I Think - humm you must be really pis*ed off about something and you feel like you need to take it out on me remember - we never really know what motivates people to do anything ...good or bad is she trying for a baby herself? perhaps it isn't working out for her. from what you say it sounds like you are carrying the n"ormal" pregnancy weight but god how did you stand there and not hit her!!!
yikesJune08 Posts: 395
what a bitch thats all I can say Yikes
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
ok where to start mrs bean, i am seriously fuming for you >:o( i was the same a size 14-16 before getting pregnant and like you have been very careful with my diet, people also tell me it is all bump. can't believe someone you have not seen in 2 years would be such a bunny, bet you will be glad to not see her again. i agree with other posters she must have an issue that she is unhappy with certainly doesn't excuse her comments. i am a firm believer you get back what you put out, she can't have any luck for that hope you are ok pet and it didn't destroy your weekend :xox