Rumours of hotel closure

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gregaa Posts: 19
Hi Just wondering if anyone has heard the rumours that Bellinter House is in trouble and about to close? We have booked our wedding there for later this year and paid deposits to the hotel and various suppliers. I have called the hotel but they have of course, said everything is fine. However, I have been told on a few occassions that the hotel is in trouble. If they did close I have to say I would be gutted. I know it is only a hotel, no one is ill or dying and there are people worse off then my partner and I, but I fell in love with this place the minute I saw it and I have spent the best part of a year building my wedding around it and to loose it for our reception, I don't think I could face looking for somewhere again, not to mention the money we can not afford to loose. So if anyone has heard anything to confirm or deny the rumours I'd appricate it
Take 2! Posts: 403
Haven't heard anything myself but will ask around as if i can find anything out for ya
MRS.C2B Posts: 408
Becarful gregga, i posted the same question a few weeks ago about my hotel and had a wollie jump down my throath for frightening other brides it seems some dont understand what a forum is for lol I have heard of a few hotels but not this one! If I hear anything ill PM you straight away!!!
Princess - in fairness i have seen a few of these posts lately where they don't name the hotels, its post like "a hotel near carlow" or wherever and in my opinion that is just going to freak a lot of ppl out with no need! If you name your hotel i think you can only help others and yourself and noone can fault you on that
gregaa Posts: 19
Thanks Ladies for your replies. I have just gotten a call from the owner of Bellinter House, Jay Bourke, assuring me that there is no chance of them closing any time soon and our wedding date is secure. So to elay any fears other brides for Bellinter House who have read this post, all is good. Going to meet with them next weekend to go through a few things to reassure us. I have heard a few horror stories lately about hotels closing with weeks to go before weddings and in my opinion it is very wrong of hotels to take deposits for weddings if they are in financial trouble. It is hard enough these days to get the money together to have even the smallest of weddings.
MRS.C2B Posts: 408
[quote="Shotgun!":2mixipk9]Princess - in fairness i have seen a few of these posts lately where they don't name the hotels, its post like "a hotel near carlow" or wherever and in my opinion that is just going to freak a lot of ppl out with no need! If you name your hotel i think you can only help others and yourself and noone can fault you on that[/quote:2mixipk9] Hi Shotgun... I totaly agree and i did name the hotel so nthat i would get correct information.... Glad to hear everything is ok for you with the hotel..... I hope you have a wonderfull wedding day :D
panda_bear Posts: 342
there are rumours about lots of hotels, seemingly unfounded, let's hope so! I have heard from a few people that our hotel is closing, but apparently it's not true and we're going to their wedding fair this month for a nose! I think in the "current climate" and with the way Irish people love to gossip it's inevitable. I was thinking of Bellinter House for ours in the early stages, fell in love with another venue before I had a chance to look at it, but from what I saw it was fab. Your wedding will be great! Try not to worry. :thnk
Great news that your hotel is ok! Bellinteer is fab