sales callers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammymcphee Posts: 4477
see this is why i dont have a landline :o0 and where we live, we never get callers they do drive my sister mad tho, so i kno what u mean. O:| O:| O:|
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
try the;;; sorry my mammys not here at the min :o0 :o0 :o0 a girl i know who looks way younger than her years, answered the door one day at home, and me man says, is ur mammy or daddy home, one sec she says, and sent out her DH :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Oh this is one of my biggest peeves. I HATE people calling to my door. Go AWAY! I have a television and a radio. I read the newspapers. I am on Facebook and Twitter and all kinds of forums. I KNOW about your special offers. I KNOW the difference between Company A and Company B. I KNOW there are disasters in the world and poorer countries need my money. I KNOW all of this. DON'T CALL TO MY HOUSE AND TELL ME THINGS I ALREADY KNOW! If I WANT to switch to Airtricity, I will. I'm well able to log on to a website, or lift a phone, and sign up. Ditto Vodafone, Eircom, Sky or any the f*ck other company you can name. If I WANT to donate to your charity, I will. I'm well able to log on to a website or lift a phone and donate. Well able. I am not giving my name and bank details to a randomer who calls to the door. I am not signing ANYTHING. I am not agreeing to ANY contracts on the doorstep. I am not allowing you in to 'check' on cables. And no, since you ask, I'm not voting for you either! Whenever anyone knocks on the door, if it's not a friend or relative, I ignore it. If I do answer it, I simply say 'No thanks' and shut the door. i don't even let them get the spiel out. I'm not interested. All of these companies sending people door to door would be better off employing them to increase their online presence. Employ them in your advertising and marketing department. Reach out to customers via social networking. Don't call to the doors, it's pointless and annoying.