Salmon Receipe please ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dogdaisy Posts: 366
I bought salmon for DH the weekend and I want to cook it tomorrow night for dinner BUT I haven't got a clue what to do with it...can you share you salmon receipts please :)
R2theB Posts: 1660
Personally I love it just baked in the oven in tinfoil parcel with a knob of butter, squeeze of lemon and pepper, then serve it with asparagus and baby potatoes. But another nice way to eat salmon is with pasta and it's seriously quick and easy (can be made with tinned salmon also btw, but fresh is nicer!). Salmon dill and caper pasta. Serves two. Enough spaghetti for two. 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 small carton cream 2 cooked salmon fillets, bones removed and flaked into small chunks 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced 2 tbsp capers 1 tbsp chopped dill 1/2 cup chicken stock 1/2 glass dry white wine Salt and pepper Cook spaghetti as recommended on packet. Meanwhile, in a pan heat the olive oil on a medium heat, add onions and fry until softened, add capers, fry for another minute. Turn heat to high, add wine and cook until alcohol evaporated (2 mins or thereabouts), add cream and stock, simmer for 4-5 mins until sauce has thickened. Add the cream mixture to the pasta, stirring in the salmon and dill at the same time, toss to combine all the ingredients and serve in big bowls with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over it. YUMMY!!
gopro Posts: 1801
an easy one wit salmon, is to put philadephia garlic and herb on top, wrap in tin foil. oven back at 200 for 15 mins-yummy. i normally do small salad potoates with it on the side. and veg.
nepifer Posts: 278
I let it swim in lemon juice, add some oregano, covered in kitchen foil and place in the oven....We eat it with some spaghetti with green pesto! (making it right now) :-)
Dogdaisy Posts: 366
Thanks a million they all sound yummy... Yonex I think I'll try your receipe the only problem is DH doesn't eat potatoes any other idea what I could put with it ???
toureg Posts: 392
Rub basil pesto over the top of it (decent amount, 2 heaped teaspoons) and wrap it in foil (20mins at 180c) Enjoy..
fortuna Posts: 92
I like to make a foil parcel, put in salmon add healthy glug of soy sauce chopped fresh ginger chopped scallions close up parcel and bake in oven for 15 - 20 mins It's really delicious and lovely when cold and broken into little pieces. You could make a nice salad with some egg noodles with this mixed through with a little extra soy sauce and some rice wine or something.