Salsa Slimming Dance Classes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Estobesto Posts: 632
Hi Everyone! I've just signed up to do 10 classes starting next week. I've never been before but it sounds like fun and might help me loose a few holiday pounds that i have put on over Christmas! Has anyone else done these classes before. Are they any good? :wv
starpad Posts: 244
hi there, i went before xmas, brill classes, i went on my own, didnt know any1 and had such a ball, great way to lose a little extra weight, as long as you practice!! he he he :thnk
I can just see myself dancing around the house while doing the housework..! Ha!
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
I plan on doing these classes also, sound like great fun, do you know are men allowed do these classes before I ring them to book? My H2B wants to shed some pounds and said he would be interested in doing this with me?
The Fitness Dock Posts: 130
I highly recommend Hilary Clarke (). She teaches a Cardio Salsa class as well as conventional Salsa classes. She teaches classes at 5 different locations around Dublin so there are plenty of options. It's a great way to get fit because you're so busy having fun that you totally forget about all the exercise you're doing! [color=darkblue:4uuwpyjy][b:4uuwpyjy]PAUL[/b:4uuwpyjy][/color:4uuwpyjy] P.S. I believe men are always very welcome at the classes!
[quote="madhatter":1v99d7fq]I plan on doing these classes also, sound like great fun, do you know are men allowed do these classes before I ring them to book? My H2B wants to shed some pounds and said he would be interested in doing this with me?[/quote:1v99d7fq] Im sure men are welcome too. I dont see why not. You'll have a great laugh doing it together. There's no way I could get my fella to do them. He's got two left feet anyway.. :o0
BettyBoobs Posts: 51
Do you get weighted in at these classes? I saw that they hold a slimming competion, just wondering how do they know how much weight you lose in the 10 wks?
Yes they weigh you on week 1 and again on week 9. The winner of the competition gets €2500! Worth giving it a go!
angels Posts: 492
Hi estobesto - where are the salsa exercise classes being held (where they weigh you). think this may help motivate me. thanks!
Hawaiian Posts: 308
Where I have booked is called The winner of Come Daning and the Irish Salsa Champion run the classes we got a brochure in work this morning and already two people inc. myself have booked can't wait its 120 euro for 10 weeks