Salthill Hotel Galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

winterbridegal Posts: 406
Can anybody advise if they have attended a wedding recently in the Salthill Hotel and what was it like? Thinking of having mine there in November 2010. Are they more or equally expensive as the other Hotels around? Can you haggle with them over price etc?
two010 Posts: 103
Hi just to ley you know that I was a guest at a wedding there a few months ago and it was fab. I really loved the room its class with lovely chandeliers and the food was excellent
noseybear Posts: 30
Welcome. I have provisionally booked my venue already in Athlone, but am considering changing to a Galway venue, as its where my heart is. I am so confused! Anyway, I am in the process of getting a brochure for the Salthill Hotel. A good friend of mine got married there last year and the room was fab on the evening, as was the food and service. I have heard that they are doing good deals at the moment as well. O:o)
bride7 Posts: 5
I attended a wedding in the salthill hotel last year and have to say it was excellent. Food was really good, the function room is a really good size. They had a civil reception in a smaller room first which was decorated so nicely. The bedrooms were newly refurbished and very spacious, beds are so comfy! We did have lunch in the bar the next day but unfortunately the bar staff weren't great, we were kept waiting for over half hour for a bowl of soup and they weren't a bit friendly. Other than that though the wedding was reallly good and the bride and groom were really pleased with everything.Aparently they are extremely busy with weddings this year.
Blackdiamond26 Posts: 22
I was at a wedding there in June and it was absolutely brilliant. The room was decorated beautifully, the food was gorgeous and the service was brilliant also. I am thinking about booking the Salthill Hotel myself just need to check what deals they are doing.