santa or santy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bubstar Posts: 399
Which do you say for the big man in red ? Growing up we always said santa. But lve been saying santy to dd,not that she knows what lm on about! it sounds cuter!! Wonder is santy purely an irish expression
Steph2 Posts: 1044
Santy for me!
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Santy...
pixiechick Posts: 647
It is usually Santa here but I think I have been saying Santy to DS now that I think about it.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Santy. We always said that as kids and now say it to nieces/nephews.
Buttonnose Posts: 477
Santa, but sure we all know who we're talking about! :o0
seedee Posts: 1017
ive always said santy, but id like if santa came naturally to me. it just feels weird saying it. santy makes me sound like a hick. as does the word hick. i must be a hick.
lollypopwife Posts: 836
Def Santy for me, not sure if its just an Irish thing or a country-Irish thing...I just heard someone on the radio last week talking about "Santy's Village" or something down the country and both the presenters were bemused at why it was Santy's and not Santa's...I was like HELLO! Were you never a child in Ireland? Shame they can't hear me shouting at the radio! :-8
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Oh Santa all the way for me Sorry but I hate Santy for some reason :-8
littlesugarloaf Posts: 2000
I say "Santy" but write "Santa" - weird, I know. But saying "Santa" sounds weird but "Santy" looks weird when it's written down. Suppose i could go all British and just say "Father Christmas"