Save the date cards

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Miss Naughty Posts: 1046
did anyone send save the date cards? I'm seriously thinking about it. We're getting married on the May bank holiday weekend in a touristy area. I was thinking of sending out save the date cards with an accomodations list about 10 months before the wedding to avoid any accomodation problems. Is it effective or a waste?
HarmattanRose Posts: 1444
I would send them to people you are not in touch with that often. I sent out Save The Date Cards to friends of my HTB who would be going to the wedding but who we were unlikey to see for a number of months. (We got engaged in January and are getting married in October- I sent them around March/April). I wouldn't bother with sending them to people you see regularly and know when you are getting married.
Huggles Posts: 1108
We sent them out months ago to everybody that we're inviting to the wedding. They were really inexpensive and I think it's nice to send out a little reminder to let people know that they're invited :wv
TM2007 Posts: 178
We sent them to everybody as we got married June bank holiday !!
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
We are getting married on the first day of the CIF builders holidays next year so we are sending them out too. *)
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
we sent them out too. only to our overseas guests though so they can plan their holidays for next year *)