Save the Date Wording

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sonopotere Posts: 1124
Just wondering what the wording is supposed to be for the save the date cards? For the inviations we are going to do xxx& ccc invite you to the wedding of their daughter aaa & lll, IYKWIM? does that come into play for the save the dates or is it just the wedding of aaa & lll will be taking place on the 24/07/09 etc?
marquise Posts: 595
We're just having the following: Mary and John will be getting married on the 31st December 2008 in Dublin so please save the date! (invitation to follow) I don't think there's any "proper" way of doing save the dates - well not that I'm aware of anyway!
Might just go for that then! Thanks!
MrsTtobe Posts: 118
check out this web sight they have a few good ideas, styles etc -
No problem! I initially thought the "invitation to follow" bit was a bit strange but I read somewhere else that some people may think that the Save the Date is actually an invitation and get confused that there's no time/specifics on it!
[quote="MrsTtobe":3s10cu57]check out this web sight they have a few good ideas, styles etc - [/quote:3s10cu57] There are some lovely ones there!
Just saw this so think we might do this, does it sound tacky or nice do you think? The wedding is coming,we both can't wait, so please don't forget to save the Date! aaaaa & lllllll 24th July 2009 Formal invitation to follow
RECENTLY_WED Posts: 196
If you're getting married next year, a good way to do it would be to send them out with your Christmas cards - we did that Christmas '07 for our wedding August '08. We just had: [i:2cbsi5ax]Recently_Wed and H2B Will Be Getting Married in Dublin Saturday 2 August 2008 Please Save The Date! Invitation To Follow [/i:2cbsi5ax]
ooddles1 Posts: 273
this was our one heres a small reminder, our weddings getting near, as christmas(summer) really can be, a busy time of year, to have you there would mean a lot, A special day we want to share so please be sure to save the date and we hope to see you there. good luck
sillysocks Posts: 1390
This was ours..... [img:1gpldrna]http://lh4.ggpht.com/juliekerin/SEJrSb5kwTI/AAAAAAAAACg/k_pKzxN36Ac/s800/std.JPG[/img:1gpldrna]