Scabbiest thing you've ever seen?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lux Posts: 6270
Kind of inspired by a thread on people helping themselves to the toilet baskets in OF. It might have been done before but still funny! I've seen some shocking stingyness at weddings, people grabbing free booze even if they are usually too scabby to buy a drink, taking bits from the baskets etc. What stingyness has made you go :eek ? Not only at weddings!
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
at a wedding at christmas and after the church we went to the local pub for a drink before the hotel got to the hotel and one of the lads said, 'theres a free bar here ye fools, and proceeded to come back with 2 vodkas and 2 redbulls O:| how rude is that, we just went to the bar and got a coors light and a corona. hate when some people take advantage!! O:|
LastRolo Posts: 6892
There's an excellent threads on boards.ie on this subject - I must find it and share some of the funniest ones!!
streaks Posts: 3592
Stingiest thing ever has to be the time our old neightbour took a hare (that the dog just killed)off his dog, to eat. Note the weren't hunting the dog just caught the hare!! I almost got violently ill, felt so bad for the dog.... and the hare for that matter!!
queen30 Posts: 1551
yeh i hate when people behave like that ...its not a bloody "free" bar someone is paying for it you oafs!
Dollydo Posts: 759
Not the absolute scabbiest thing but a friend of ours always gets into rounds, ALWAYS, and leaves herself until last, at which point out of the 8 of the girls that go out together, herself and at least 3 others will have nothing or a glass of water. Its done so often its nearly joked about but it drives me mad O:|
ShutterBug Posts: 1056
Me and my oh went for dinner with a couple. When the bill arrived say it was €160 they took out a voucher to cover their half of the meal which was fine. Voucher was say for €100. So we put down €100 and the waitress took the voucher and cash. So €40 arrived back to the table and the other guy reached over and took €20 back. If it was us we would have given the voucher towards the meal and thought nothing of it. I was so shocked, so basically they got a free dinner and made 20 quid!
lux Posts: 6270
[quote="LastRolo":3v60r538]There's an excellent threads on boards.ie on this subject - I must find it and share some of the funniest ones!![/quote:3v60r538] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... p=58479654 I think this is the one-I love it!
Jawl Posts: 8881
[quote="Miss Ted":3gc5op3b]Me and my oh went for dinner with a couple. When the bill arrived say it was €160 they took out a voucher to cover their half of the meal which was fine. Voucher was say for €100. So we put down €100 and the waitress took the voucher and cash. So €40 arrived back to the table and the other guy reached over and took €20 back. If it was us we would have given the voucher towards the meal and thought nothing of it. I was so shocked, so basically they got a free dinner and made 20 quid![/quote:3gc5op3b] That's scabby!!!!!!! :o0
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="lux":1gt57345][quote="LastRolo":1gt57345]There's an excellent threads on boards.ie on this subject - I must find it and share some of the funniest ones!![/quote:1gt57345] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... p=58479654 I think this is the one-I love it![/quote:1gt57345] Thats the one Lux!! I remember reading this at work and literally busting out laughing at it!