Scan & Appt on different days

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

OctMrsC Posts: 774
Im attending the Rotunda SemiPrivate and my 'big' scan is booked for tomorrow but my next appt in the actual clinic is not for another 2 weeks. Is this normal? Do you just get the scan then leave? Should have checked appt card when I got if first but just looking at it this morning and cant get any answer from the SP clinic on the phone...
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
Im attending Holles st but it was the same for me too, had just the scan at 21 weeks, and dont think i was back at clinic for 3 weeks after that. this was the only scan i had as i dont get a mini one at each appointment. its a wonderful experience seeing your little babs, enjoy it :wv
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Yep was the exact same for me, its completely normal not to see the consultant that day, I was on my GP 20 week visit anyway and booked my appointment with her for the same day to make it easier. I know in HS SP u see ur consultant first time @ 15 weeks GP @ 20 weeks Consultant @ 25 weeks GP @ 29 weeks After that i know it changes and visits get closer together but haven't got that far yet !!! HTH
OctMrsC Posts: 774
:thnk Thanks. Sounds grand so..
tinyfairy Posts: 1536
Hey OctMrsC, Yep this is normal. I have big scan in 2 weeks and next antenatal visit isn't until early June. I'm doing combined care with GP so I'll see her before June though.. :wv