Scan at 10.5 weeks, what will I see

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingerbread Posts: 110
Hi girls, This is our first baby and we have a scan booked for 10.5 weeks - 11 weeks. Just wondering if anyone had a scan at this stage and if so what should we expect to see. Really appreciate any feedback. :thnk :thnk :thnk
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
You should see your baby quite well at this stage!! best of luck!
emma_b Posts: 234
Hi I had my first scan at 11 weeks 2 days. I could see baby quite clearly. On some of my scan photos, i can see fingers and toes as well! I was asked to go back the following week when baby was 12 wks, so that they could take more accurate measurements. If you google '11 weeks pregnant' in google images, you will be able to find some scan photos which will give you an idea of what to expect. Good luck!
madmam Posts: 1294
Hi, You should see something like this: [img:25a0h6la]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/weekell75/3d-12weeks-01.jpg[/img:25a0h6la] :wv
sunnyside Posts: 3164
I was 10 w 3d when I had first scan with consultant. he said i would have seen more if I had a fuller bladder- drank loads but had to pee about half an hour before going in- don't drink too early in the day or you'll just be bursting. Could see a definite baby but didn't see fingers or toes or anything specific. I think it will probably depend on the position the baby is in as well. Good luck- it's very exciting!!
Gingerbread Posts: 110
Thanks girls, your all so helpful. Absolutely dying to see our little bean... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Madmam, that photo is amazing - thanks so much Sunnyside, thanks for the bladder tip - will fill up on water before I go in.
baby-bel Posts: 929
I went for a scan in the epu in CUMH ,there were no signs up and they said nothing about drinking water before scan but in the back of my mind somewhere i though you were supposed to drink lots of water so I started drinking it by the bucket while I waited. When it was my turn I went in and the midwife said as I was only 6wks it would be an [b:6d27m531]internal scan [/b:6d27m531]so she said that has to be on an empty bladder so I had to try and pee it all out before the scan :o0 after 7 wks its a normal scan so for that you do have to drink lots of water
nelly Posts: 1875
[quote="baby-bel":3d7lwk62]I went for a scan in the epu in CUMH ,there were no signs up and they said nothing about drinking water before scan but in the back of my mind somewhere i though you were supposed to drink lots of water so I started drinking it by the bucket while I waited. When it was my turn I went in and the midwife said as I was only 6wks it would be an [b:3d7lwk62]internal scan [/b:3d7lwk62]so she said that has to be on an empty bladder so I had to try and pee it all out before the scan :o0 after 7 wks its a normal scan so for that you do have to drink lots of water[/quote:3d7lwk62] :o0 :o0 something like i would do! what did they "see" then.
baby-bel Posts: 929
At that stage I saw the yolk sac and heart pulse! twas just a dot 0.23cm but reassuring that the heart pulse was there and amazin that it happens so early!